Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
anybody getting play time?
02-26-2011, 08:56 PM
RE: anybody getting play time?
(02-26-2011 04:51 AM)Russ Wrote:  
(02-26-2011 01:17 AM)robottroubles Wrote:  All my friends (none of whomare what I'd call 'gamers') sound interested when I describe the theme and the rules, but it's been tough to get a group together on a regular basis, and since they aren't as well-versed in board games we've only been able to play the standard rules with a few additions here and there. I'm chomping at the bit to try out the Survival Decks and Grave Weapons and some of the scenarios with alternative board layouts. Eventually, I suppose.

I feel ya, brotha! In my case, I have a friend and a girlfriend that both say they love LNoE. But somehow they never want to actually play it. Oh sure we should play it, "sometime," but never right now...it's "too involved."

I'm like, damn guys, it ain't like I'm trying to rope you into playing D&D or something! Too involved? Mostly we're rolling dice and seeing who gets the highest roll...ya don't even have to do math, just know if five is more than four!
Luckily, I discovered I have a cousin who is geeky enough to have genuine interest. Of course, he's a teenage boy, so I have to go get him...and then feed him...LOL!

Exactly. Then on the other hand, a local game shop does have open game nights, but IK just want to play LNOE, to me D&D or 40K would be way too involved, and I have no interest in Eurogame. Kind of stuck in the middle.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm having a LNOE game tomorrow afternoon with a friend and his 12 year old son. My wife will probably be having a game too. However I'd like to be able to play more it's just finding people who are up for it on a regular basis.
Thankfully I can always fall back on the painting side which I enjoy as much, but it's always good to actually get to use the painted models...
02-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Damn that would suck. We have open game night at my place every Sat night (anyone near the Twin Cities is welcome!) and I still wish I could play more. I feel your pain.

If my planet were a superball, I'd be its' mighty King.
But ruling over rubber probably doesn't mean a thing.
02-26-2011, 09:40 PM
(02-26-2011 08:56 PM)robottroubles Wrote:  Exactly. Then on the other hand, a local game shop does have open game nights, but IK just want to play LNOE, to me D&D or 40K would be way too involved, and I have no interest in Eurogame. Kind of stuck in the middle.

Yeah, same here! I don't usually want to get involved in full on tabletop RPG-ing. I'd rather play games that sort of skirt the border between RPG and board game, like LNoE or HeroQuest! By the way, I recently stumbled across the board game: "Survive!" at a thrift sore and recommend that one as well!
02-27-2011, 04:49 PM
(02-26-2011 09:40 PM)Russ Wrote:  
(02-26-2011 08:56 PM)robottroubles Wrote:  Exactly. Then on the other hand, a local game shop does have open game nights, but IK just want to play LNOE, to me D&D or 40K would be way too involved, and I have no interest in Eurogame. Kind of stuck in the middle.

Yeah, same here! I don't usually want to get involved in full on tabletop RPG-ing. I'd rather play games that sort of skirt the border between RPG and board game, like LNoE or HeroQuest! By the way, I recently stumbled across the board game: "Survive!" at a thrift sore and recommend that one as well!

I would have hated you a year ago! haha My best friend and I grew up playing "Survive!". At 12 years old, I moved to another state, and gave him my copy as a present. We are still friends to this day, but sadly the game is long gone. It actually has quite the cult following, and was going for insane prices on ebay ($60-$100). I finally happened upon a copy in a Half Price Books store while driving through Cedar Rapids IA. I spotted it high on a shelf and nervously pulled it down. I was even more excited upon seeing the $2.98 price sticker, and then of course, I began doubting that it was a complete copy, or was damaged somehow. It was not. In fact, the previous owner had even separated the pieces in little baggies. The only flaw was a split corner, and a small stain on the back of the board. It was one of my greatest finds ever, especially since I also found an almost complete set of Moebius graphic novels, including the Incal, and most of his numbered ones for about $6 a piece. Anyhow, the game has just been remade by Stronghold games, so it shouldn't be as hard to get now. I am kinda debating buying this newer version as well.

http://www.thoughthammer.com/survive-esc...-7939.html

If my planet were a superball, I'd be its' mighty King.
But ruling over rubber probably doesn't mean a thing.
02-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Nice! Yeah, I guess that game has been through a lot of changes...but we should probably leave that discussion for the "board games" thread.

Returning to topic...I'm gettin' some game time tonight at nine o'clock! At last, mwaa ha haaaa! I'm excited because it could give me a chance play my own custom scenario that I've only had the chance to test out once, as well as some cool custom scenarios I downloaded from TZG, including "Zombie Strippers" and "They're Coming From The Well!" Exciting stuff. Watchmen02
02-28-2011, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2011 07:45 AM by vikinglad.)
(02-26-2011 09:40 PM)Russ Wrote:  Yeah, same here! I don't usually want to get involved in full on tabletop RPG-ing. I'd rather play games that sort of skirt the border between RPG and board game, like LNoE or HeroQuest!

Right on, Russ. I still play HeroQuest once or twice a month, with my wife and daughter playing 2 heroes each, and me playing as the GM. I don't think I have ever found another game I liked as much as HeroQuest. It is so complete, yet relatively simple.
03-10-2011, 12:15 PM
damnit...i hoped on getting a game up on fridayevening...but most of my friends have to work...
damn damn damn...

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2011, 12:39 PM
I have not played in well over 2 months. Its quite sad, but I believe I should be getting a session or two this sunday. I barely wrapped up my JADE figure. Can not wait to see what the game looks like with these babies on the board. Also on a side note...can anyone suggest a beer for someone who isnt fond of it? (21+)
03-10-2011, 02:22 PM
I haven't been able to play much either. My game group has discovered Sid Meier's Civiliztion and it has taken precedence for now.
As far as beers go... you should go with Guiness. Although you may not like it at first, once you get the taste for it you will always enjoy it.