Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
anybody getting play time?
03-10-2011, 06:03 PM
RE: anybody getting play time?
(03-10-2011 12:39 PM)phantomninja Wrote:  Also on a side note...can anyone suggest a beer for someone who isnt fond of it? (21+)

I've never been that fond of beer either. I've been a fan of Mike's Hard Lemonade, Smirnoff Ice, Wine Coolers...basically "girly" drinks. Recently I discovered hard apple cider. It's not as sweet (or girly) as those other drinks, but still tastes great to me. I've found some beers to be less disgusting than others, (like Guiness,) but none that are actually enjoyable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2011, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2011 06:30 PM by mqstout.)
My group's getting together tonight. It'll either be IFOS or Dominion. I'm kind of hoping for the latter, it strikes my mood better.

(03-10-2011 12:39 PM)phantomninja Wrote:  Also on a side note...can anyone suggest a beer for someone who isnt fond of it? (21+)
Oh, how I miss beer (I quit all alcohol to help control my weight). My recommendations aren't cheap.
* Lindemans brand fruit beers. They're expensive and almost more of a "girly drink" but are still a beer.
* Back before I converted to beer, the one that served as my "gateway beer" was Pilsner Urquell (which is a rather traditional beer), though I'm not sure why.
* One I usually try to get people to sample that I've had decent luck with is Allagash Brewing Company's tripel.

Basically, you'll have to find out why beer isn't enjoyed. Some people just don't like 'alcohol flavor' at all. For some people, it's the hops. Americans tend to prefer rather hoppy beers; I don't. Basically, try one of each "type", and not just the "typical American styles". Abbey ales, white/wheat beers, dubbel, tripel, ... See if you can find a 'beer emporium' kind of restaurant or take out place that will let you sample a variety: either a "tap sampler" with small glasses from a few things/everything on tap, or a take out place that lets you do a mix-and-match six-pack (six different bottles) to go.

My boyfriend won't drink any beer except the aforementioned Lindemans.

Beer snob mode DISENGAGED.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2011, 07:56 PM
i may get to play some sort of zed game this weekend. not sure it will be LNOE.. but may be one of the 3 other zed board games I have.

normally our group likes to do dnd 4th or savage world on sunday's lately.. but a member is missing and that won't happen without all of them present.

so will try to do SOME sort of zed game!

soundguy
03-10-2011, 08:47 PM
If you manage to find some, kriek beer is a traditional belgian beer made with cherries, it was considered to be a girly drink back when coolers didn't exist Watchmen02 Still pretty darn good!

Otherwise I suggest you try some white beer and put lots of oranges in it, gives a good refreshing taste!

In last resort you have bud light lime, which isn't really a beer...

As for play time... Wish I'd get more, but none of my friends is really into board games, such a shame Insane19, I need to find some Montreal people interested in playing!

*Braaaiiiinnnnns......*
03-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Billed's suggestion is a fine one. Kriek's a good starter beer too. Again, pricey.
03-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Did someone say BEER?

I'm from Belgium...and we have loads of beer here Watchmen02 Far better ones then Kriek (and it's still a girly beer here) too.
I'm pretty sure I posted a link here with over 250 kinds of beer we have here.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
03-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Calm down Emp, Belgians do make the best beer. Someone needs to be eased into beer in general (which Belgians also do).
03-10-2011, 11:36 PM
unfortunately no alcohol for me right now.. interfere's with my heart meds.. Insane19
03-11-2011, 02:16 AM
This pretty muh sums it up for me, Im a big fan of Mikes and love thier black cherry lemonade. But I have never had Guiness, so I do believe I shall try that this weekend. Thanks for recommendations.
(03-10-2011 06:03 PM)Russ Wrote:  

I've never been that fond of beer either. I've been a fan of Mike's Hard Lemonade, Smirnoff Ice, Wine Coolers...basically "girly" drinks. Recently I discovered hard apple cider. It's not as sweet (or girly) as those other drinks, but still tastes great to me. I've found some beers to be less disgusting than others, (like Guiness,) but none that are actually enjoyable.
03-11-2011, 11:35 AM
I went grocery shopping this morning and just for fun I counted the different Kriek versions that thry had there. 12 Watchmen02
For those who love their Kriek extra sweet...try Kriek Max.

I am the reason God stopped watching.