Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
anyone reading 'Y' thelast man
12-22-2010, 12:22 AM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2010 01:24 AM by soundguy.)
anyone reading 'Y' thelast man
not sure if that is the name or not.. but it's the one wher eall men and male animals are dead..from a mysterious plauge..

I stumbled across it at barnes and nobles looking for another zombie novel to read. looks like they have issue 1-10 or something.

anyone up on it?

is it a good read?

I'm not a graphic novel reader much.. but did like the walking dead.. and used to be a comic book reader.. etc..

wife was asking for last minute gift ideas.. should i reccomend?

thanks

soundguy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2010, 04:01 PM
RE: anyone reading 'Y' thelast man
I looked at it, but I wasn't interested. I've heard it's good though. You might like it.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-22-2010, 04:04 PM
i'll find out at lunch.. barnes n nobles here I come.. Watchmen02
12-22-2010, 07:31 PM
I've read it. Yes, it's a great read. I really enjoyed it. It's basically that all mammals with a Y chromosome die within the space of a few seconds all over the planet... except for a single man and his monkey. When everything went down, he had just proposed to his girlfriend over the phone (she'd been in Australia), but the lines died before he could get an answer. So he just wants to find his girlfriend-maybe-fiance, while the government wants to protect him and other governments want to steal him and various groups want him for other purposes. It's well-researched and a very good read as it explores not only the power-struggles of the world post-men (from international incidents to simple day-to-day life) but also the psychology of events. I enjoyed it from beginning to end.
12-22-2010, 09:35 PM
I'll add another endorsement. It was really unique, and enjoyable to read. Pia Guerra's artwork is wonderful as well. It's one of those series you hate to see end. As a side note, there is/was a movie version in development starring Shia LaBeouf.

If my planet were a superball, I'd be its' mighty King.
But ruling over rubber probably doesn't mean a thing.
02-07-2011, 06:13 AM
In case anyone else is thinking about reading Y: The Last Man, let me echo what Gavin said. It was a great story with fantastic artwork. I was able to pick it up the 10 books from my local library, but it's definitely one that is on my Amazon wish list and often recommend it to coworkers.

Let me also add that I loved the way it ended. It's really quite thought-provoking.

And while it doesn't contain zombies, I would still consider it post-apocalyptic.
02-07-2011, 03:06 PM
i just started book 6.. can't wait to get into it.

soundguy
02-08-2011, 09:17 PM
I read the series last year. Pretty good. Brian K Vaughan was a key writer for Lost (seasons 3-5), and his writing for this series is pretty stellar.
02-08-2011, 11:46 PM
never saw enough of that to get into it. might be different if I could watch it all straight thru
02-09-2011, 07:26 AM
zombie_slayer... don't bring up LOST... it's too soon... it'll always be too soon.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user