Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
boss zombies
01-14-2010, 02:11 AM
boss zombies
I saw something like this on a board game geek LNOE scenario where someone created the bosses from Resident Evil

I was thinking it might be cool if there was a re-spawning Boss Zombie that was a cross between a Grave Dead zombie and a zombie hero. They could have their own character card and be used in addition to the 7 zombie in the pool. It would probably be about a 5 dot rule depending on type of power they get...

Just brainstorming, I thought that some boss powers/rules would be:
Movement: 1d3
Fight Dice: 1
Wounds: 1-4 (varies per boss)
Starting Location: just like heroes, only if the building is not in play then they start on a spawning location, not the center of the board...
Zombie bosses are set up before heroes and do NOT move on the first turn
Zombie Bosses killed will respawn in the same space they were killed on a spawning roll of 1 or 2.
They do not count towards the spawning roll.

Power ideas:
1. Pushy - May take any/all same color zombies in any of the spaces along its movement path along with it. (Like from the Stubbs the Zombie video game when he would herd the other zombies..)
2. multiple fight dice (possibly even 'sacrifice 1 zombie per additional fight die for the boss this turn).
3. Pack Mentality (per GH)
4. Carrier (per GH)
5. Regenerating (replaces 1 wound per turn on a roll of 4+ on a 1d6)
6. Fast 1d6 movement
7. Very Rotten (per GH, but could be limited to hand to hand or guns or explosions)

Bes t of all, there would be more zombie models for the different Bosses!

These are just thoughts that I've been playing around with. I a notorious procrastinator, so this would have gotten shelved again if I didn't just throw it out there. I have my doubts that they all will work. By all means, ideas and input are welcomed and probably necessary. I don't really think I have enough experience to figure out what kind of balance issues these would cause with the different scenarios...

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2010, 02:11 PM
RE: boss zombies
It could work if there was a set number of hero zombies that had their own character card but there could only be one for every player playing the zombies. It could use the common zombie film stereotypes like the scientist who started it all, school bully/mean cheerleader, evil developer who dug up the old Indian burial ground and evil mayor (although i think i cowardly mayor character would be an awesome hero). Each zombie hero has abilities inkeeping with their personaility scientist= spawning or infecting heroes, school bully/evil cheerleader= effects on students or more powerful in fights, evil developer= effects on buildings and evil mayor= effects on how heroes interact.
Just a suggestion!
01-21-2010, 02:12 AM
RE: boss zombies
i for one love the ideal.