Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
co-op mode Q&A
10-09-2012, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 10:46 PM by mqstout.)
co-op mode Q&A
These came up during play this weekend as we played coop mode a few more times:

Q: Can heroes work together toward a city danger card?
A: (Link) No. The rules are clear that heroes work together only on artifact adventures.

Q: Do heroes who join an artifact adventure that's currently at a cliffhanger get to help the cliffhanger out, or does the previous hero/team have to resolve the cliffhanger before letting the new hero help?
A: It seem as though the new hero can join the team to help even with the cliffhanger.

Q: Do heroes joining an artifact adventure late in a deep jungle automatically find it? Do we skip initiative/turn sequence to have the hero who's searching try to get there before drawing the next danger for the heroes who are already there? What if the ones already there are on a cliffhanger?
A: Open for debate!

Q: When working together on an adventure, can the heroes not making the test exert more than once?
A: Yes. You can exert normally, including multiple wounds for multiple dice. It's not limited that each other hero in the team can only exert for one extra die.

Q: When the hell do villains heal?
A: Villains heal any time they leave the board/return to base (Reference).

Q: Jake Zane's Brash ability...
A: It's binary. Either it's on, or it's off. It's not +1 cunning for each other hero/villain on the current artifact adventure.

Q: Not a question -- just reminders...
A: There is a limit of one villain per space! (Not one villain per faction as I had first thought. Too bad; no dueling Nazis vs Mob.)
A: A Villain is -1 Adventure Dice for each Hero in their Space.
A: Villains are hurt on search results of 1!
A: The heroes win immediately upon getting enough Fortune. You do NOT play out the rest of the current turn at all. (Note: I house rule this otherwise, that they have to complete the turn, encountering any cities/events/villain events that might come up that could eat that fortune or cause a draw for the heroes and villains both winning on the same turn.)

Q: Not a question -- just a suggestion...
A: Sneak tests, instead of "picking a die", just standardize that rolls of a 1 are a failure. (Or, when two are needed, rolls of 1 or 2 are a failure.) This speeds up the game.

Would be nice if one of the FFP people could answer the remaining question in here Watchmen02
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2012, 06:03 PM
RE: co-op mode Q&A
This answer about villains healing was given on a thread I made asking this same question. The answer reportedly came from Mary Beth.

Quote:Hi James,
As for an official answer, I know villains heal any time they go back to their cards and wait to be deployed, whether KOed or finding an artifact. I have e-mailed Jason the thread link so hopefully he will get back to you guys soon. -MB

I guess this is like camping down. I would say we KO a villain less than once a game.
Find all posts by this user
10-09-2012, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 06:13 PM by mqstout.)
Odd -- because heroes are stuck with wounds until they can go back out to the field to camp down or pay to heal. (I like that, BTW -- it pushes people to go back out on adventures; it's one of the best rules in FANG.). I find it reasonable to house rule it that they only heal after a KO, but I wanted to get the official answer for sure. Thanks for bringing it up; I never noticed that thread.
10-09-2012, 06:48 PM
I know, I was surprised to read this. I was playing they only heal after being KO'd too, since it never mentions anything else about it in the instructions that I found. It makes them really hard to KO, but I guess KOing villains isn't super important to the game goals anyway.
10-09-2012, 09:46 PM
(10-09-2012 06:48 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  I know, I was surprised to read this. I was playing they only heal after being KO'd too, since it never mentions anything else about it in the instructions that I found. It makes them really hard to KO, but I guess KOing villains isn't super important to the game goals anyway.

Exactly. IMO this makes them: A) more of a threat & B) puts the focus on Adventures more than fighting Villains. If you concentrate too hard on slugging it out with Villains, you're probably going to lose.

Now, if you want to hit Villains where it hurts (temporarily) go destroy their bases & HQ's... Insane20

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
12-03-2012, 01:09 AM
What happens if a Villain who is not a member of the Vile Organisation gets an artefact?

A: The Vile Organisation gets the artefact anyway.
B: The artefact is discarded. (The Villain brings it to his own orgnisation.)

Example: A Heroes vs Nazis game, an enemies card brings a Mob Villain into an adventure (that does not already have a Villain). If the Mob Villain gets the artefact, what happens to it?
12-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Great question. I have no official answer now, but I will try to find it in the rules. My gut says answer B is correct, as this is an extra villain that should just be hampering the Hero on that adventure, not contributing to the overall win conditions for the vile organization.
12-05-2012, 02:22 AM
My answer would mimic vikinglad's.
01-24-2013, 06:07 PM
(10-09-2012 04:31 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Q: Do heroes joining an artifact adventure late in a deep jungle automatically find it?
A: Open for debate!

I know this thread is older but thematically I would say heroes trying to join in a deep jungle still have to try and find the artifact.

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
01-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Zach, if that's true -- which I suspect it is -- the other questions still are open.