Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
cool atmospheric music
03-02-2012, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 08:24 AM by goodcop2000.)
cool atmospheric music
I went searching through iTunes looking for creepy music to use while playing LNOE and I came across a cool group called Nox Arcana. They have a good number of albums out and they are all horror-themed, atmospheric, orchestral music. I downloaded two of their albums ("Darklore Manor" and "Transylvania") and really like what I've heard so far. All of their albums look interesting - one is about Edgar Allen Poe stories, one about the Cthulhu mythos, one about a mysterious carnival, and one that I almost bought about an insane asylum. You can see their homepage at NoxArcana.com.

There was only one zombie related album on the web site but it was not directly by Nox Arcana but only produced by them for a group called Buzz-Works and I didn't think it sounded as good as the others from the samples I heard.

I did also download an dance album called "Blood, Brains & Rock 'n Roll" by Zombie Girl for more modern background music.

I had to upgrade from the cd provided by LNOE so I have a better chance of creeping out my kids while we play! Watchmen02

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2012, 07:26 PM
RE: cool atmospheric music
Nox Arcana rules for game music! Another good group we like is Midnight Syndicate. Until their CD got scratched up, it was our regular LNOE soundtrack.

Lately, I find the original LNOE soundtrack is starting to grow on me.
03-03-2012, 04:56 AM
I usually blast Zombie movie theme songs, Return of the living dead is a good choice and so is Fulci's Zombi soundtrack.
04-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Thank you Goodcop2000, Nox Arcana is perfect for LNoE Zombie17 I listened to the LNoE CD and was "slightly" disappointed, so Nox Arcana perfectly replaced it as our LNoE background music. Thanks again Watchmen02
04-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Background music can really JUICE up a Game but for us it needs to be just that "Background"
The LNoE & AToE CD's I enjoy but not doing the actual Game as they are too distracting
(we use them pre and/or post Game)as they sort of overide Game play.

We actually use a sleep CD it's full of just vague murmers & sounds almost below hearing range.
We found it perfect for AToE as it's like whispers in the walls type thing,something is
going on but you just can't identify it.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
04-14-2012, 02:43 PM
(04-13-2012 07:27 PM)Masterofmayhem Wrote:  Thank you Goodcop2000, Nox Arcana is perfect for LNoE Zombie17 I listened to the LNoE CD and was "slightly" disappointed, so Nox Arcana perfectly replaced it as our LNoE background music. Thanks again Watchmen02

You're welcome MoM. Glad I could help.

04-14-2012, 07:15 PM
As a sidenote, I would prefer if people called me Mayhem, or by my full nick, no mom. ^_^
04-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Nox Arcana, y will search, very disapointed with the CD standard, thanks for the tip
04-15-2012, 02:16 PM
(04-14-2012 07:15 PM)Masterofmayhem Wrote:  As a sidenote, I would prefer if people called me Mayhem, or by my full nick, no mom. ^_^

lol sorry I didn't even notice that when I shortened your nickname. At first I was going to say "You're welcome, Master" and I didn't like the sound of that so I figured I would go with initials.

How about MM?? Master of Mayhem is a lot to type. Watchmen02

04-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Heh well whatever floats your boat, though as I said, I prefer Mayhem Watchmen02 In any case, I won't be too anal about it even if you refer to me as the Finnish bastard.