Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
dark darker darkest hmmm?
02-16-2014, 12:22 AM
dark darker darkest hmmm?
Recently aquired the game dark darker darkest kick starter edition. Well where to begin??? The basic idea of the game is great creepy mansion, mad scientists, insane gorillas, and zombies of course Zombie03 well am confused how they took all these things and made it into a medioca over complex fluff of a game. Not that its a "bad" game, its just... well not brilliant. To be honest it just seems rushed. Some good solid ideas included the tracker board and the security camera things pretty cool, but it jus seems like they skipped the play testing stage. Dont think they even reread the rule book. Some rules just dont make any sense? Why cant you use a baseball bat to thrash a gorilla, or a crazy scientist? Seems unusual to me there are other issues, but my eyes are burnin its took hours to type this... at least I have loads more zombie minis for other projects. Happy days...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2014, 12:45 AM
RE: dark darker darkest hmmm?
I remember when the Game was announced & quit looking after I saw Gorillas.
Cool Theme but Betrayal at Hill House Or Mansions of Madness does it better.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
02-16-2014, 01:45 AM
When I saw it on kickstarter I didn't like the giant crows and gorillas and others so I didn't pledge plus the winning condition was weird if I recall.
02-16-2014, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2014 11:59 AM by stevey.ferret.lord.)
Bein all too new at this myself, I didnt actually pledge on kick started. I paid through my anus to buy it off ebay. And on that note id like to saym just how suicidal I am that I missed the kick starter for zombicide and also even more so shadow of brimstone Insane19

... And yeahman mansions of madness is sweet! Complex setup and unusual rules, but once mastered it is a masterpiece
02-17-2014, 03:45 PM
hmm. i pickled this up and have not even unboxed it yet.

gorilla's you say.. yikes!
02-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Its no the best, but if your not strapped for cash, could be fun to hang onto. But if your wantin rid I belive its fetchin good on the eBay. Zombie03
02-17-2014, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 08:38 PM by stevey.ferret.lord.)
Im thinkin at this point maybe ANYONE can make a £60 board game? The mistakes and typo's, not to mention the shoddy rule book alone should've kept this game in production for a few more decades. Also the game board, just doesn't make you feel like ur in a creepy mansion, more like a jigsaw puzzle. I am a zombie purest and pretty much buy almost anything zombie related especially board games... easy prey for these bozos. On a brighter note "yay I have loads more zombie minis" and maybe some more character's I can mash into lnoe... if only I could download the blank char sheets Zombie03 hmmm maybe one day? ...
02-18-2014, 03:10 PM
hmm.. that's surprising.

perhaps didn't go thru a major game maker?
03-25-2014, 08:48 PM
That game looked so cool when I was reading about it. Unfortunate to hear a 'bad review' but I think I'll still pick it up if I come across it at my local Game store.
03-25-2014, 10:54 PM
i'm a zombie purist myself.

still can't get over gorilla's

reminds me of flapjacks and sasquatches...