Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
discard a card
06-22-2008, 11:17 PM
discard a card
Is there anything in the rules, as they are written, that a player (zombie or hero, but more importantly zombie) can discard a card without playing it?

As a zombie player, I often get stuck with dead cards in my hand that I can't play (such as Cat Fight and Last Night On Earth when there are only male heroes in the game), and would like to discard them. If the rules as written don't include this (I've skimmed them again a couple times, but I haven't seen anything regarding it), I feel it's reasonable that a zombie player may discard one (and only one) card at the end of his turn.

It's rarer, but sometimes the players also get in situations where they just want to discard a card. I'm a little bit loathe to allow this, due to "item teleporting" with building pickups.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2008, 11:49 PM
RE: discard a card
HI
Yes the Zombie player can discard one card at the start of his turn, before he draws any cards. This rule can be found on page 9 of the LNOE rule book under step 2 Draw New Zombie Cards.

We missed this the first few games as well. One of my friends thought it read the Zombie player could discard all but 1 card. Thats how we found that rule.

I cant actually find where it is in the rules at the moment, but i am sure i read somewhere that if a hero has too many items that they can immediatly discard one or exchange it with another hero.

Hope that helped.
Watchmen02
08-16-2008, 06:57 AM
RE: discard a card
There's no mention of a hero discarding. They can exchange with another hero if in the same space, only.
Find all posts by this user