Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
eclipse
02-13-2012, 02:25 PM
eclipse
played a game called eclipse last night.. very much like twilight imperium

good play.. turn based, up to 6 people.

tech tree.. victory ponts, space domain and combat.. mostly can be pvp, some pve... lots of ways to get vp's and 'win'.

our 5 person game went with a spread of 1@ 22, he was in a bad spot and had limited space, 2 @ 27 .. me and another guy.. I had a small fleet, he had a huge one, 1 @ 30, she had a large fleet that died the last turn fighting the other 27pt guy, she did alot of tech tree stuff for vp's, and one guy that eeked out 31 for the win by taking the middle of the board near the end and holding the extra vp's there. medium sized fleet, but well upgraded in the to-hit dept.

so 4 of the 5 players were in a 4pt spread.. that's a good close game..

she was a tad expensive though.. the game winner was the owner.. was near 100$
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2012, 05:39 PM
RE: eclipse
Thanks Soundguy, this really caught my eye so I looked into it a little. Found a nice review for it here:
http://drakesflames.blogspot.com/2011/10...lipse.html

How long did your 5 person game take to complete?
02-13-2012, 06:26 PM
I like eclipse as well but there is one fundamental problem that takes it from awesome to "damn?!, that's a balance issue"

Development. Whomever develops First Strike wins.
They become so over powered it is almost impossible for the others to catch up unless they develop it almost immediately afterwards.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-13-2012, 06:57 PM
the other issue is if only one tech comes up.. no one else can get it...