Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
elders and shadows
11-15-2009, 07:20 AM
elders and shadows
Does the shadow track advances 2 every time ANY town elder dies, even if it's an evil elder? (I think a town elder and an evil elder are two sperate things, but then shouldn't a town elder joining the villian's side advance the darkness? The town still looses its elders...)

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2009, 07:33 AM
RE: elders and shadows
When a Town Elder becomes an Evil Elder, according to the rulebook, they cease to be a Town Elder. Thus, I'm pretty sure the answer is no.
11-17-2009, 12:08 AM
gavindowning Wrote:When a Town Elder becomes an Evil Elder, according to the rulebook, they cease to be a Town Elder. Thus, I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

I guess my question was more to point out that having the Elder go evil on everyone should advance the shadowtrack as well...

Say, how the heck to you make a moving avatar?

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
11-17-2009, 04:25 AM
I suppose you could houserule it.

As for my avatar, I just snagged it from the samples they offered. It's just a gif image, I'm pretty sure.
11-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Patient Zero Wrote:I guess my question was more to point out that having the Elder go evil on everyone should advance the shadowtrack as well...

No going Evil does not advance the Shadow Track by itself.
Additional Card text may say increase the Shadow Track,
but if the Town Elders Secret is exposed & he flees to join
the Villain it does not advance the Shadow Track.

A Town Elder must die to advance the Shadow Track or the
Card text must specify to advance the Shadow Track.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: