Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
enter the deadly CATACOMBS!!
05-08-2012, 04:58 AM
enter the deadly CATACOMBS!!
I recently received this game as a trade and am floored by the simple mechanics involved! This is a dexterity game...well you pretty much flick your discs to hit other discs. But this game has a theme, which would be dungeon crawler/rpg-esque. You have a barbarian,thief,wizard and of course elf to pick from and the baddies vary from Lich Lord,dragon,gorgon,crypt spider and OF course ZOMBIES! All in all the game went super smooth with my group the first time, the second and third plays were such a blast since all the rules were memorized and everyone knew what to do. While the game is not deep, I still prefer this over most euro-styled board games. I had a blast with this game and highly recommend that you look into it. I give this game a 9/10.

http://www.sandsoftimegames.com/

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/57390/catacombs
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2012, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 02:38 PM by mqstout.)
RE: enter the deadly CATACOMBS!!
Good lord there aren't words to express how much I hate that game. It's a child's game. "Dexterity game" isn't my idea of fun. Some friends bought it and there went a whole month of gaming group on them playing that instead of playing *real* games.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2012, 04:28 AM
Watchmen02 Watchmen02 Watchmen02 Watchmen02 Watchmen02

Attached File(s) Image(s)

05-21-2012, 08:40 AM
It is awesome! I played with my family for 4 games and it was enjoyed by everyone. After a few beers it gets hilarious!