Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
fantasy board game?
11-06-2009, 06:59 PM
RE: fantasy board game?
I was looking at hero quest, but I dunno where to buy it from. Can it be bought brand new?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2009, 09:39 PM
dcninja Wrote:I was looking at hero quest, but I dunno where to buy it from. Can it be bought brand new?

Possibly from e-bay. It's the only guess that I have...

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
11-09-2009, 08:50 AM
E-bay all the way.I scored a complete set plus two epansions for $40 canadian last year.
You just have to be patient.The main set goes from anywhere around $20-$80usd.
Just be patient and you will score one.If that's what your looking for.
01-24-2011, 07:00 PM
I really like Runebound. Although if you use the charachter decks and too many expansions it can get very cumbersome. The original game and one or two card expansions works great.
02-05-2011, 07:27 PM
You might to try Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game. There is a new on comming out : Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board which is compatable, but also a base game
02-05-2011, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2011 08:09 PM by samuraitrev.)
Hi dcninja you have to check out Descent here's the link.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1...n-the-dark
Ranked 65th and 7.57/10 if you like your numbers. (LNOE is ranked 134 which I think is still a good score)
This game kicks ass! I own Heroquest and Advanced Heroquest and played them to death. Descent is far better (and I loved Heroquest). It has interlocking corridor and dungeon sections like large jigsaw pieces and loads (and I mean LOADS) of figures. Great game mechanics and 20 characters to use.
If you are interested I will post some pictures of some of my painted minisWatchmen02
Any more questions about the game let me know...
02-06-2011, 01:59 AM
(11-06-2009 09:39 PM)Patient Zero Wrote:  
dcninja Wrote:I was looking at hero quest, but I dunno where to buy it from. Can it be bought brand new?

Possibly from e-bay. It's the only guess that I have...

Don't forget the BGG marketplace.
Not sure you can still find shrinkwrapped copies but who knows ...
02-06-2011, 08:52 AM
HeroQuest still rules. I first got it like 20 years ago. I play my new one with my wife and 8-year-old daughter. I recently got an entire base set used on Ebay for $40, but I did have to be super patient. Most were selling for about $100. There are expansions also, so getting everything will likely put you over $150.

I got the Marvel HeroScape starter for Christmas (wanted the Valkyrie one), and it is kinda fun, but there isn't much exploration involved in mine. Also, I bet it costs about a million dollars to but the entire HeroScape universe. Awesome game pieces, though.

There are some cool ones I saw at the store the other day, but I don;t know much about them. One was a World of Warcraft game and the other was a new Conan the Barbarian game. Both looked pretty snazzy.
02-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Claustrophobia... Great game, simple, and good experience.
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/36932/claustrophobia
02-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Descent is a good game, but he is unbalanced, with too many extensions (Overlord is too powerful with extensions)