Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
first zombies (continued)
03-04-2012, 08:29 AM
RE: first zombies (continued)
A peasants teardrop is Trevs way of saying, not to much. Zombie03 one small drop from a pipet.
Not sure what an x-acto hand is. Vikinglad maybe cut of Wolverines hands or something....he would you know...he would!

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2012, 04:33 PM
(03-04-2012 08:29 AM)Emp Wrote:  A peasants teardrop is Trevs way of saying, not to much. Zombie03 one small drop from a pipet.
Not sure what an x-acto hand is. Vikinglad maybe cut of Wolverines hands or something....he would you know...he would!

lol Emp, so I decided to Google x-acto hands and I found out what it is. It's this crazy robot looking thing to hold your project in place and it even has a magnifying glass. How f'ing cool is that?? I must have one.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Find all posts by this user
03-04-2012, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 06:16 PM by vikinglad.)
X-actly. I have been using these for years for painting, soldering, etc. They are great for painting minis. It is the main reason I always do two at a time, one in each hand.
03-04-2012, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 07:34 PM by samuraitrev.)
Look what gadget I've ordered

Ideal for intricate work for electronic engineers and hobbyists
Shadow-free light with no heat emission
High quality 125mm (5 inch) 3 dioptre glass lens (1.75 x Mag)
Spring balanced metal arms and locking knobs allow the unit to be secured in any position
Multi position G-clamp mounting bracket
Spare tube available (Order code: N11CH)
The Maplin 22W Magnifying lamp provides crisp, artefact and shadow free light with almost no heat emissions. Combined with a high quality 3 dioptre glass magnifying lens, it makes even the most intricate jobs manageable. The sprung steel arms and multi position G-clamp offer a full range of adjustments for a truly flexible lighting instrument.

I ordered it from here (UK) with the last of my birthday money http://www.maplin.co.uk/22w-fluorescent-...lamp-47980 reduced to £24.99 bargain!
03-04-2012, 11:50 PM
I dont see where the clamps or the magnifying light would help me
much... just seems it would be in the way and I would get frustrated
not having control of it in my hand. But if it works for ya hellz yeah!

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
03-05-2012, 08:08 AM
(03-04-2012 07:33 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Look what gadget I've ordered

Ideal for intricate work for electronic engineers and hobbyists
Shadow-free light with no heat emission
High quality 125mm (5 inch) 3 dioptre glass lens (1.75 x Mag)
Spring balanced metal arms and locking knobs allow the unit to be secured in any position
Multi position G-clamp mounting bracket
Spare tube available (Order code: N11CH)
The Maplin 22W Magnifying lamp provides crisp, artefact and shadow free light with almost no heat emissions. Combined with a high quality 3 dioptre glass magnifying lens, it makes even the most intricate jobs manageable. The sprung steel arms and multi position G-clamp offer a full range of adjustments for a truly flexible lighting instrument.

I ordered it from here (UK) with the last of my birthday money http://www.maplin.co.uk/22w-fluorescent-...lamp-47980 reduced to £24.99 bargain!

I have one like that....and don't use it.... Insane21
The biggest problem with that thing is that the back of my brush keeps hitting the lens. Maybe I'm doing something wrong because the magnifying glass is awesome for looking at the fig. I am getting older so I do find that it gets harder for me to focus on the little details Zombie12Insane22Zombie02

Let me know how you work with it Trev.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user