Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
frequent log ins?
02-19-2011, 12:23 AM
RE: frequent log ins?
sigh... day 2 of having to login each time to post.. and only on this site.. with new cookies even.. and deleted cache.... sigh...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2011, 12:30 AM
That is messed up... And really strange. What do you have for connection? Dial-up Modem/Cable/DSL/T-Line? It isn't the site, or everyone would have the issue. It isn't Cookies or Cache files, so it sounds like it isn't your browser or settings. So it must be you connection I'd guess? Might need to contact your ISP and ask them, maybe they know what the heck is going on... (But if they are anything like mine, they will just tell you it's the websites problem and ignore you... but it's worth a try.)
02-19-2011, 12:40 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2011 12:41 AM by mqstout.)
So weird. For the hell of it (and diagnostics), try a different web browser? (It's always a good idea to have more than one on a computer.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-19-2011, 12:51 AM
i connect from 2 different internet services, at home I have embarq dsl.. when mobile I have sprint broadband. does it on both.. but no pattern. will be good 3 days.. then pop.. I go to read mail and am logged out just after sending mail.

I think I have chrome somewhere or firefox.. will see what that does.
02-20-2011, 12:04 AM
day 3 of logging in to post. I must really like this place Watchmen02
02-20-2011, 01:21 AM
It has to do something with your computer if it's happening across browsers. I'd run some kind of virus and/or diagnostics program if you can. I've never had that problem. But I'm running an iMac, iPad and iPhone. Oh geesh... I'm an "Apple" Guy... an iGuy if you will... sigh... help... squeak...

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-20-2011, 01:25 AM
(02-20-2011 01:21 AM)Sarku Wrote:  It has to do something with your computer if it's happening across browsers. I'd run some kind of virus and/or diagnostics program if you can. I've never had that problem. But I'm running an iMac, iPad and iPhone. Oh geesh... I'm an "Apple" Guy... an iGuy if you will... sigh... help... squeak...

same here, we dont have these kinda problems like YOU people. haha.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
02-20-2011, 02:30 AM
am setting up the new ( new old one.. Watchmen02 ) pc tomorrow and will see what that does. old desktop has been locking up lately.. now locks up right after bootup every time.

will see what this does for me.

soundguy
02-20-2011, 03:53 AM
Yeah, that sounds like a virus. It is possible to show up on multiple PCs if you shared any files between them or went to the same place on all of them or have them networked together at any point... That was going to be my next suggestion actually.

Of course, I though the "Virus" could just be a failing browser hijacker. Like it got in but didn't work right due to whatever protection you have on you computers (Or wasn't programed correctly by the jerk who made it)... BUT, if desktop is locking up constantly, I doubt that now. Looks like a full on Virus now. And looks like it is too far gone to do anything about it but reformat and reinstall... Insane19

What protective software to you use, how often does it run (Or do you run it if manually done), and what other protective measures do you have? I can make some suggestions if you like?
02-20-2011, 03:57 AM
so this must be a pretty special virus to only be blocking this website.. Watchmen02