Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
gasoline
08-06-2014, 03:13 AM
gasoline
i was playing a game of 'escape in the truck' and one player placed the gasoline on the floor and another shot it. all the zombies in the area died per the rules. But there was something that was unclear and since its not in the rule book (that we could see) we had to let it slide. the issue i had was the truck was on the square with the gasoline. should the truck have blown up and the game ended?
what are your thoughts on this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2014, 03:36 AM
RE: gasoline
In our games we have gas remove all removable pieces, characters, zeds, teraine tiles not part of the base map, dropped stuff, etc, as a house rule it burns hedges too!
08-06-2014, 11:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 11:58 PM by samuraitrev.)
The Gasoline doesn't effect the Truck.

In reality it would probably blow the Truck sky high but this is one of those turn-a-blind eye moments. There's nothing in the Rulebook that says it destroys the Truck either.

(08-06-2014 11:57 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  The Gasoline doesn't effect the Truck.

In reality it would probably blow the Truck sky high but this is one of those turn-a-blind eye moments. There's nothing in the Rulebook that says it destroys the Truck either. I think you made the right call. Our group would have done the same. In fact I'm sure it's come up before.
08-07-2014, 08:15 PM
A gallon of gasoline in a plastic container is less volatile than that same gallon poured on a bush or pile of sticks. The vapor that comes from the gas is highly explosive.

A bullet shot into the container is very unlikely to actually ignite it. But let's say the bullet is hot enough to reach the flashpoint of the vapor, and then ignite the gas. Or if there is a flame nearby. The reaction would have a slight blast, but more of a giant Molotov cocktail. There isn't enough pressure in the can to create a huge explosion.

The result is flaming zombies that may not be destroyed yet.... and still heading toward you. As for the truck. It will have flaming gas on it as well. And may properly catch fire. Eventually it may or may not ignite the gas tank.

But there are too many variables for a simple board game. Watchmen02

Now... A propane tank with a burning cloth attached.... When shot will make a very nice BOOM!
08-07-2014, 09:50 PM
as a child and teen i conducted many 'experements' using gas.. I can assure you a milkjug properly shot makes a good flame cloud.. Zombie03
08-08-2014, 03:47 PM
In this case, I would go with saying the truck is NOT destroyed. True, if you were actually able to cause an explosion that close to a truck in real life, the truck would probably be pretty darn damaged. Thing is, this is a board game, not real life. Having the truck become destroyed would ruin the mechanic of that particular scenario and make it impossible for the heroes to win. So, you err on the side of what makes the game better in this case, not what actually makes sense. ;-) Suspension of disbelief.
08-08-2014, 09:10 PM
I'M NOT ARGUING THE GAS FIRE MIGHT DESTROY THE VEHICLE AND THE SURVIVORS HOPES. I WAS MERELY SAYING THAT A GAS FIRE SURELY CAN BURN A VEHICLE.

ugh.. darn capslock. so hard to type on a phone. read the above lines as NON caps lock. Zombie03
08-09-2014, 09:11 PM
thanks you. i will take it as the truck is slightly damaged but still drive able.
08-11-2014, 03:12 AM
gasoline
This makes me want to get 2 truck models and paint both to match the token and then burn/melt the other one just a little bit Watchmen02
08-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Insane20
(08-11-2014 03:12 AM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  This makes me want to get 2 truck models and paint both to match the token and then burn/melt the other one just a little bit Watchmen02

Now that is commitment to modelling/modding for a game.

Hats off to you sir. Watchmen02