Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hellboy characters anyone!
09-18-2010, 11:39 PM
hellboy characters anyone!
I made these a couple of nights ago, please let me know what you think, and if you use them enjoy! hero clix actually makes a bprd set you can pick them up off ebay pretty cheep! Im working on a zombie hero set for rasputin and kronen!

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2010, 01:10 AM
RE: hellboy characters anyone!
They all start in the church? That's wild. Spread 'em out? Or, were they designed for a scenario? You might also want to generic up the keywords a little. Pyrokinetic -> psychic. ... -> Spirit. ... -> Aquatic.

Sorty to be so critical -- I just like keeping customs within the same power level as the oficial heroes. I do like a lot of what you did! There are some pretty cool effects I hadn't seen or thought of before.

Hellboy
* Interesting concept, the "counts as 2 heroes" restriction. It makes him extra-cautious about "instant kill" zombie cards like Bitten.
* Some wording tweaks: "Hellboy may roll 1 exxtra Fight Dice per zombie in his space. He ignores the effects of Locked Door."
* With The Samaritan, it's a little bit against convention for the way Ammo is used. It works, though. I'd also note that it counts as a ranged attack.
* Some wording tweaks: basically copy the wording of Revolver here.

Liz
* It's very much against convention for a hero to have only 2 wounds and not youth. I'd certainly never want to play her because of this.
* Interesting ability, Pyrokinetic. I like it. It needs some wording tweaks "is killed".
* Fire wave: What if Liz has no items? (Wording: "all items" instead of "cards"; heroes don't have events -- players do.) Maybe make her take a wound (or two, after you move her up to 3 wounds) instead of losing her turn.

Johann
* Possession's fun! Does Johann's figure lose his moves when possessing? Maybe: "Johann may give up his move action to possess a zombie up to 5 spaces away. That zombie fights all others in its space. It has 2 fight dice."
* Ectoplasmic Blast: Just way too potent! Compare to the existing (and already known as good!) item Fire Extinguisher.

Abe
* So he as Becky's ability [but better], Johnny's ability [but better] AND has a card searching ability that I'd say is better than Jake's?
* Okay, so all four are a little bit stronger than the official heroes -- but even amongst only them, Abe wins.
* Suggestions: Make Telepathy make him own against zombie heroes. Psychometry: make him always have an ability similar to the Junkyard's? Axe First Aid.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Very cool!!!
I'd also say uberpowerful but what ever floats your boat.
I see a few spelling errors in them but the cards look great overall.
Look forward to seeing some more.
09-20-2010, 02:53 PM
They're definitely all pretty powerful. On the other hand, they really should be pretty powerful. Most of these characters wouldn't break a sweat at facing a few zombies.

To even things out, you might want to give some sort of tweak to the zombies, too. Give them a special Rasputin zombie, or something like that.
09-22-2010, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2010 01:18 AM by danmcneil.)
well i always use the zombie hoard and zombies auto spawn rules when they are used, that and if 2 people are facing the zombies (which always happens at my house) that's only a total of three player hero's, with the grave weapons expansion it seams pretty fair they still only win about half the time lol.
And yes and im aware i cant spell worth a hell, thanks for pointing that out that very helpful criticism! guess i get an f eh lol.
09-22-2010, 02:29 AM
You do realize that, typically, the rules always have four heroes -- even with only two players? Each player controls two heroes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Kick ass! I love Hellboy.
03-18-2014, 02:27 PM
(09-18-2010 11:39 PM)danmcneil Wrote:  I made these a couple of nights ago, please let me know what you think, and if you use them enjoy! hero clix actually makes a bprd set you can pick them up off ebay pretty cheep! Im working on a zombie hero set for rasputin and kronen!

I don't see your image files. No longer available wherever they're hosted?

I think my group is going to try custom characters next session. I wanted a HB card, thought I would check here first.
03-21-2014, 04:21 PM
That is awesome! I love Hellboy, so I would definitely get a kick out of using these characters in my game. I like the abilities too. Pretty cool.
03-25-2014, 09:11 PM
Very cool ideas!