Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hello guys need some feedback
07-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Sad hello guys need some feedback
Hello folks sorry haven't been on here for a while nice to be back thouWatchmen02 im posting this link of my friends website his names Chris he's an awesome rules writer knows his stuff and is an all round top bloke what I want you guys to do is click on the link and have a gander at what we been working the majority of the scenery has been made by myself and would luv your feedback folks please!!!! So go to photos and you will see my work also I been working on some buildings for a zombie game Chris is in the process of writing can't wait.....also if you click on documents there's free rules and scenarios etc for a game that's big in our local club call HEAVENS FALL that chris wrote and designed himself its a nice skirmish game awesome background and FREE Watchmen02 so have look at the site guys and maybe sign up n let us know what ya think here's the link cheers Watchmen02

http://casketgames.webs.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2013, 12:14 PM
RE: hello guys need some feedback
I've just been over for a look. It's a cool site and I really respect the work on the scratch built buildings for the Zombie Survival game. I notice he's used LNoE figures which is a cool touch. I also like the Blood Bowl Pitch and the 3D Space Hulk set up. So there's lots of envy going on right now. Keep us posted about his Zombie game I'd like to check it out.

Lots of hard work and dedication to the gaming hobby. I also advise people to take a look!Zombie17
07-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Hello bud long time no spk all the buildings models etc are mine he doesn't own Lnoe though I trying to tempt him to the dark side all though hes a massive zombie fan himself the site is sort of ours but chris started it he's a rules n background man and I make the scenery for his games love building stuff as you can see and cheers for the feedback its nice to know what folks think the space hulk sections took over a yr Lotta work in that one as for the zombie game I've got little project to finish and then im back on the rest of the buildings for it! When I make some more il post them cheers for having a look dude

Gary Watchmen02
07-27-2013, 01:27 PM
"Documents" top level navigation is poorly named. Call it "products" or something more evocative. Move it to the left more for more priority. (Ie, had I not known from your post that there were game rules here and I was trying hard to find them, I certainly wouldn't have.)

Word docs? Save as PDF or HTML and post them in that format. Word can be an option, but an exclusive option it should not be. OH WAIT! They are PDFs, but you use the Word icon.

The 'who we are' blurb on the front page has a lot of fluff -- but it doesn't mention any meat. Tell the visitor you have content already, and detailed types of future expected content.

You're using WordPress, right? You might find a theme that includes blurbs/snippets with the 'recent blog posts' and 'recent forum posts' sidebars.

No services? Remove that link altogether. Or, if you leave it, say more of what you plan to offer than just "coming soon". "Soon" is a particularly ugly word on the web.

What happens to recent forum members area at the bottom when users sign up without customizing their avatars? (=looks bland)

Links page mentions a "new" game. How long is it going to be new? Watchmen02 What relationship do you have with these places you link to. Some explain why, but most don't. Is CG a future company or not? Companies rarely interlink to their possible competition.

I'm not sure if this is the kind of feedback you wanted...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Ummmmm... cheers for the feedback but I was on about my scenery as a feedback not the site itself dude its my friends site I make all the scenery n paint the models to be honest im nothing to do with the layout of the site! But il pass your feedback on bud cheers I think lol.
07-29-2013, 03:52 AM
I haven't gotten the chance to look at everything (in fact, I can only afford to have a glance at the site right now), so I don't have any helpful feedback yet. However, there is one thing that I can say - KUDOS! I've had a lot of ideas myself but I've never gotten down to make anything concrete out of those, and whenever I do have time I end up using that for playing games rather than doing something creative, so I appreciate the effort and time spent on creating all of these. I hope you guys get to complete these, as completion is always been my stumbling block. Great work!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-29-2013, 11:20 AM
I like the Zombie playground.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
07-29-2013, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2013 12:33 PM by zombielover77.)
(07-29-2013 03:52 AM)LabRat Wrote:  I haven't gotten the chance to look at everything (in fact, I can only afford to have a glance at the site right now), so I don't have any helpful feedback yet. However, there is one thing that I can say - KUDOS! I've had a lot of ideas myself but I've never gotten down to make anything concrete out of those, and whenever I do have time I end up using that for playing games rather than doing something creative, so I appreciate the effort and time spent on creating all of these. I hope you guys get to complete these, as completion is always been my stumbling block. Great work!

cheers dude unfortunatly im the other way I get so creative that I don't get to play games as much but I do enjoy seeing people play on my scenery give me a sense of acheivment :-)

(07-29-2013 11:20 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  I like the Zombie playground.

OD

cheers bud as for the playground enjoyed making that it will fit in well when I get some zombie kids minis :-)