Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
herones replenish
03-20-2015, 11:29 PM
herones replenish
Hi all

I just want to check something, j always play 2 players,. So one player controls 4 heroes. With heroes replenish is there a max number or can you just burn through them all? I hAve just played a scenario where 7 heroes were taken out, and the more expansions you have the more heroes. It seems little unfair that potentially you could just go through 10 + heroes in one game.
If this is the case do you allow it or house rule to a certain number?
We played zombie apocalypse and towards the end I was just throwing the heroes in harms way just to win, knowing I would get another.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2015, 03:30 AM
RE: herones replenish
There's certainly a limit: The zombie player wins after killing a certain number of heroes. For most scenarios it's four, but for some scenarios it's altered.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Yeah the first scenarios it was usually 4, but then heroes replenish came in. So am I still with the heroes replenish limited to 4?
03-21-2015, 02:04 PM
Heroes Replenish does not alter the victory conditions. It just changes the way the heroes respawn upon death. (It's also "standard rules" as of Timber Peak.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-24-2015, 08:26 PM
We always play
Heroes Replenish
and
Always Zombie Heroes

As of Timber Peak
'In Timber Peak, all of the Scenarios use the Scenario
Special Rules for Always Zombie Heroes and Heroes
Replenish (covered on page 22). The intent is that
these two rules are simply now part of the game and
should always be used (as they tend to make the game
more fun all around).'

Timber Peak (Rule Book p. 3)

Also
'The Hero Player that controlled the killed character
may immediately draw a new Random Hero from the
unused Hero Character Sheets to enter play. This rule
is referred to as Heroes Replenish.
(Note - Always Zombie Heroes and Heroes Replenish
were optional rules in the original Last Night on Earth,
but are now intended to always be used in all Scenarios.
Because of this, both Heroes Replenish and Always Zombie
Heroes are listed on all of the Timber Peak Scenario Cards
in the Scenario Special Rules list at the top).'

Timber Peak (Rule Book p. 15)

Just echoing what mqstout said
Hope This HelpsWatchmen02
03-24-2015, 08:35 PM
Fab thanks for the reply both, got a bit confused with the replenish rules and only being allowed four heroes dying before losing.its helpful to read the rules from time to time to refresh.Watchmen02
03-24-2015, 08:44 PM
No probs. The game is much better now these two rules are always used IMO.

Happy gaming!
03-27-2015, 06:46 PM
Exactly. As others have said, Heroes Replenish just means that when your hero dies you automatically get a new hero. It doesn't change any win conditions, including the typical zombie win condition of killing four heroes, or any scenarios where a specifically mentioned win condition is to kill X number of heroes (sometimes more or less than 4).

So take your two player game as an example.or example One Hero Player controlling all 4 Heroes, one Zombie Player controlling the zombies. Without Heroes Replenish, the Hero player would not get another Hero until all four of their Heroes died, which in most cases would mean the Zombie Player wins anyway. So, if three of your Heroes die, you are now playing the game with one Hero.

That's one of the reasons I've personally always preferred to just automatically play with Heroes Replenish and Always Zombie Heroes (which balance each other out) unless the specific scenario happens to have one of them included but not the other. (Because if the scenario already has one, but not the other and I choose to use both, then that is unbalancing it again.)
03-27-2015, 07:16 PM
thanks for the info, planning on having a game tonight. It's great that there's so much info and help on here.Watchmen02