Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ideas for different boards
02-15-2012, 04:20 PM
ideas for different boards
I'm still only about 10 games into playing the base game and I have Growing Hunger and Hero Pack 1 due to be delivered today (whoohoo!) but I'm already thinking it would be cool to have some very different environments to play on.

For example I think a board setup out in the wilderness would be cool with trails that you can follow through the forest (of course zombies could crash right through the foliage as they do through walls now). Then you could make some interesting features for the forest like a small lake with a mill, mysterious stone altars, abandoned shacks (Evil Dead, anyone?), etc.

Or a board setup where the entire board is a mall - that would definitely feel like a zombie movie.

What do you guys think and what other ideas are out there for fresh environments for the LNOE boards?Insane02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2012, 05:19 PM
RE: ideas for different boards
(02-15-2012 04:20 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  I'm still only about 10 games into playing the base game and I have Growing Hunger and Hero Pack 1 due to be delivered today (whoohoo!) but I'm already thinking it would be cool to have some very different environments to play on.

For example I think a board setup out in the wilderness would be cool with trails that you can follow through the forest (of course zombies could crash right through the foliage as they do through walls now). Then you could make some interesting features for the forest like a small lake with a mill, mysterious stone altars, abandoned shacks (Evil Dead, anyone?), etc.

Or a board setup where the entire board is a mall - that would definitely feel like a zombie movie.

What do you guys think and what other ideas are out there for fresh environments for the LNOE boards?Insane02

Well, your timing is perfect. Read the Breaking news forum about the Expansion Released for LNOE. The newest expansion is entitled Blood in the Forest. Will it have everything you desired? No one knows yet, but it is in the same spirit of what you have said. As for the mall scenario, ala Dawn of the Dead, there is an somewhat fun fan-created variant that utilizes a thrifted/borrowed/shamefully owned copy of Mall Madness. That game is gridded much like LNOE and can be easily adapted.

If my planet were a superball, I'd be its' mighty King.
But ruling over rubber probably doesn't mean a thing.
02-17-2012, 04:31 AM
(02-15-2012 05:19 PM)Worldmaggot Wrote:  Well, your timing is perfect. Read the Breaking news forum about the Expansion Released for LNOE. The newest expansion is entitled Blood in the Forest. Will it have everything you desired? No one knows yet, but it is in the same spirit of what you have said. As for the mall scenario, ala Dawn of the Dead, there is an somewhat fun fan-created variant that utilizes a thrifted/borrowed/shamefully owned copy of Mall Madness. That game is gridded much like LNOE and can be easily adapted.

@Worldmaggot,

Thanks for the info. "Blood in the Forest" - be still my beating heart! I'm gonna have to get down to business playing the Growing Hunger expansion I just bought to justify buying another one when BITF comes out. I've never heard of Mall Madness but I will look into that.
02-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Worldmaggot Wrote:
As for the mall scenario, ala Dawn of the Dead, there is an somewhat fun fan-created variant that utilizes a thrifted/borrowed/shamefully owned copy of Mall Madness. That game is gridded much like LNOE and can be easily adapted.

where might this variant be ? and i never thought about using a different, board for Zombie fun......hmmmmm mall madness.......

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
02-17-2012, 09:03 PM
I can imagine the board from Clue working pretty well for LNOE.

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse please do the following:
1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting
02-17-2012, 09:52 PM
(02-17-2012 09:03 PM)victor.w Wrote:  I can imagine the board from Clue working pretty well for LNOE.

At first i laughed, but then.....

Now thats a Manor House Scenario in the making...........

hmmmmm what sorta twisted games an we do ?

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
02-18-2012, 02:28 AM
The Manor in LNOE has stairs in the middle. These could be stairs that lead to the stairs on the Clue board. Metagame FTW!

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse please do the following:
1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting