Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
magic the gathering
03-21-2014, 04:52 PM
RE: magic the gathering
MTG is what got me started in the gaming hobby. When it was the only game I played I would spend 100s of $ for specific cards because I was playing competitively. I then got introduced to other games and eventually sold my collection. Well then after about a 5 year break I wanted to get back into the game but didnt want to spend a god awful amount of $ since there was other games I wanted to continue to support. So I had started doing some research on the different variations of the game. Now all I play is Commander/EDH and Cube. Neither format requires you to have more than a single copy of a card. Decks in Commander have to balance how competitive they want to be because as soon as you are viewed as a threat you then have to deal with multiple players teaming up against you. I love cube even more because Draft/Sealed are my favorite way to play. Cube is very unique because it is your own personal draft environment. You choose which cards you want to draft with. My group has two fully proxied cubes. One is a powered cube using all the best and most powerful cards in MTG history. The other is a Modern cube pulling only from sets 8th edition onwards. I suggest anyone who is interested in MTG but doesnt want to spend a ton of money to check out these formats.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2014, 09:33 PM
To tangent what stubobj said: Sure, consider a 'singleton' format if you want, but I personally can't stand "Commander" because of the "Commander" [the commander card and color identity silliness] parts of it.

IE: Magic is whatever game you want to make it. Watchmen02
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-21-2014, 09:54 PM
i havn't played edh yet.. but did grab 2 decks. still working inthe collection back up
Find all posts by this user