Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
more or less finished my zombie game
12-16-2010, 01:58 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2010 01:58 AM by soundguy.)
more or less finished my zombie game
I mentioned in a previous thread that a few years ago some friends and I kicked around at making our own zombie game as we were not satisfied with games like 'ZOMBIES!!!' etc. we mocke dup a early alpha version that lasted about 4 games then got mothballed. I resurected the idea of making a ZED game, talked to the group again and came up with my own version that favored the feel of our first alpha plus other options I've seen from other boar and strategy games. It got a mechanical play test last weekend, and a bunch of reccomendations for rules tweaks, it's now in beta. so far the rules seem to work. will require more play testing. only thing it lacks right now are scenerios. IE.. some goal the hero's need to do.. either survive x turns, retrieve x items before x turns, etc.. etc.

if anyone is interested in seeing it, I will take it to work with me and pdf the rules and cards. I set the cards up as business card size. my home copy I printed on card stock and cut out with a paper cutter. came out decent. actually liked it ALOT better than the dawn of the dead card game.. Watchmen02

soundguy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2010, 05:50 AM
RE: more or less finished my zombie game
Sounds cool, I wouldn't mind taking a gander at it. Watchmen02

(12-16-2010 01:58 AM)soundguy Wrote:  Actually liked it ALOT better than the dawn of the dead card game.. Watchmen02

I need to get that still... I have a (Bad) copy of the board game from the 70's but always looking for an original. Finally found a NEW copy of the Original Army of Darkness Board game last year... Box is a little banged up, but the inside was perfect! Cost me a small fortune though... Got 75% of the Original Metal Minis for AoD too, one set (Missing one guy) actually painted by the company pros! One even got signed on the base! (Don't EVEN ask what that set me back... LOL)
12-16-2010, 02:35 PM
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/20...thing.html Watchmen02
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-16-2010, 04:11 PM
windows got me...

packed up my 2.01b materials on my thumb drive last night and came to work... thumb drive seems to have lots of weird files on it now.. but none of my stuff...... sweet.. 2g of data sacrificed.

sad part is I actually had MOVED the folder to the thumb drive so i could transport it to my laptop as I had typed it on the wifes PC at home.. which is where my alpha copy MIGHT still be, in the trash can... HOPEFULLY.

ARGH!

worst case scenerio is I can go back to my paper 2.0b copy we played with last weekend and reenter all the data and recreate it... soooo..

shooting for monday for a posting of the pdf's...

ARGH!!!
12-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Wow... gotta love it when that kind of crap happens. I'm working on one as well... I sent it to a few people here on the board to play test, but they flaked out on me... :P

It keeps on changing and morphing into something different. Not sure when or if it will ever truly see the light of day.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-16-2010, 08:53 PM
i picked up a 4g sandisk thumbdrive at lunch, and am absconding with our cannon ultralite scanner and taking it home with me along with my netbook. if I get it recreated this weekend I'll scan and post it... ho hum...

soundguy
12-16-2010, 10:59 PM
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly why I NEVER "MOVE" anything. I copy it, get it where I want it to go, THEN I delete it if needed. Usually i just leave a copy of things everywhere. I have the exact same things on my Notebook and Desktop. And occasionally on my Flash Drive & External Hard Drive too... If not also on a Disc (Though usually not). I also never assume it all went well, and I check it after I copy it to make sure.

Can you tell I have had more than a few incidents like this in my past? LOL
12-17-2010, 01:06 AM
Sucks.

I had my entire design portfolio wiped out. I now have 3 copies of everything I do on three different hard drives. Which reminds me I needs to do another update...

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
12-17-2010, 10:01 PM
well.. I got it 99% typed in.. just need to print and scan then recut my cards.. will hopefully post the pdfs this weekend.
12-21-2010, 08:08 PM
ok.. took longer than expected.. but here is v2.01b of mysmallzombie game.

cards onthe back were printed out using a business card template I found in microsoft works. hope the pdf doesn't scale them past working.. but they should print out on perfed cards. i reccomend printing one of the card pages on paper first and then see if it lines up with business card paper you have.. otherwise you can always print to card stock and use a chopper.

soundguy

Attached File(s)
.pdf  MYSMALZOMBIEGAME201B.pdf (Size: 4.72 MB / Downloads: 14)