Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
more or less finished my zombie game
12-21-2010, 11:12 PM
RE: more or less finished my zombie game
i have been trying to to make a zombie game but want it to be complex, will take info on what kind of complexities people would want to see in a zombie game.

August 17th
We've been receiving a lot of local reports about strange monsters appearing at random throughout the city. This must be the work of Umbrella.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2010, 11:47 PM
if you want to get an idea of how complex you can really get, look for a copy of the original dawn of the dead zombie game.. then read it... it's kinda like star fleet battles.. it has rules indexed by paragraph... darn tough game...
12-22-2010, 04:25 AM
(12-21-2010 08:08 PM)soundguy Wrote:  ok.. took longer than expected.. but here is v2.01b of mysmallzombie game.

cards onthe back were printed out using a business card template I found in microsoft works. hope the pdf doesn't scale them past working.. but they should print out on perfed cards. i reccomend printing one of the card pages on paper first and then see if it lines up with business card paper you have.. otherwise you can always print to card stock and use a chopper.

soundguy

*Downloads and checks it out...* Zombie17
12-27-2010, 12:15 AM
(12-21-2010 11:47 PM)soundguy Wrote:  if you want to get an idea of how complex you can really get, look for a copy of the original dawn of the dead zombie game.. then read it... it's kinda like star fleet battles.. it has rules indexed by paragraph... darn tough game...

Rule complexity is something that's hard to judge about whether or not it makes a game more fun or tedious. The answer varies a lot too in regards to who is playing.
12-27-2010, 04:03 AM
i'd have to saw dawn of the dead would scale high the older the players are.

I mean if you sat a 10yr old up as the zombie player then the hero's might have a chance.. Watchmen02

(12-27-2010 12:15 AM)SprNMgkHlmt Wrote:  
(12-21-2010 11:47 PM)soundguy Wrote:  if you want to get an idea of how complex you can really get, look for a copy of the original dawn of the dead zombie game.. then read it... it's kinda like star fleet battles.. it has rules indexed by paragraph... darn tough game...

Rule complexity is something that's hard to judge about whether or not it makes a game more fun or tedious. The answer varies a lot too in regards to who is playing.