Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
movie review: metal shifters
07-12-2012, 12:35 PM
movie review: metal shifters
probably would have made a good tv show... as a 1.5hr movie.. I dunno.. C- not even a B.. Watchmen02

plot is:

Starts out in a rural depressed modern day us small town in idaho i think.. usual deal. rural.. economically depressed.. everybody knows everybody else.. 2 cops in entire area.. and nobody is next door to anybody.. it's spread out.. got to drive nearly everywhere.. except bar is across from police dept. Watchmen02

somthing hits a russian satalite and knocks it out of orbit.. it crases into a field in this town.. satalite is infected with a bacteria that eats and controlls metal. farmer finds it.. touches the goo.. is killed. stuff eats the metal components of your blood.. instantly... two locals, brothers , in the hole, financially, due to funding/ building a inn/tavern their deceased parents had wanted to build, find the wreckage and decide to sell it to the local scrap dealer for cash to do more work on the inn. infected metal takes over a metal junk stature being built by the scrapyard owner. big 17' tall junk monster robot looking thing. statue takes off plundering thru town. the bacteria give off emf radiation that knocks out telephone and power.. makes most cars stall except in plot device locations Insane19 . old romance rekindles from one of the brothers.. finds his HS sweetheart that has come back in town with her 16yr old girl, due to a divorce... other brother end up being killed by robot. in the end, townsfolk band togehter after many are killed.. they try mechanical ways to destroy robot.. hit with truck.. blow up with propane tank... junk dealers grandson and 16yr old girl are on the run staying ahead of the robot as it plunders the town.. most of the rest of the cast is hold up in the bar trying ideas to kill the bacteria. finally figure out alcohol kills it so they run around dousing all the bits with booze.

small rehash at the end where some bits come back while being crushed in the compactor at the scrap yard, and then the movie fades as they are boozxing down all the scrap.

weak story with holes bigger than a collander IMHO.

also.. the crash inthe field from the satalite was so small.. i've left bigger ruts with my tractor driving thru wet sand. this think fell like a fireball and you could hear / feel the boom in the movie from probably a mile away.. should have been a car sized crater I would think.. Watchmen02

anywho.. I've seen low budget zed movies that had less holes in their plot and more credibility.

oh well , 5$ movie bin.. sure beat watching something on tv for 90m Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply