Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
mre playtesting of mysmallzombiegame
04-07-2011, 05:31 AM
mre playtesting of mysmallzombiegame
had some friends over tonight and playtested mysmallzombiegame again. it's now at 2.01 beta, and I took a page of notes and tweaks during the game play and think i have it beaton into submission. will be adding some rule tweaks, adjsuting movement and some card wording.. but the mechanics are sound... should print out a ver3 beta tomorrow at work if I get time.

played thru the stock scenerio I made in the game at one point had about 28 zeds on the baord and the hero's hoofing it.. they made it to win condition ( survive 20 rounds ) just as 3 hordes of zeds were within final movement distance.. say.. 1 turns away. was good and close.

am adding some item tweaks and 1 new combat option, plus 1 new optional search option, plus am tweaking the search / movement rules a bit.. all in all.. very playable.. and quite fun.

soundguy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2011, 06:37 AM
RE: mre playtesting of mysmallzombiegame
So when will there be any prototype pictures? I'm curious as in how this was all set up.....could be the next best thing!!
04-07-2011, 02:48 PM
i uploaded a earlier version in pdf to the uploads section.

we plan on playing again this weekend.

I have a 'town' map I got at a gaming store that we are using right now.. though it will work with the lnoe board as well.

will fget pics this weekend.
04-08-2011, 02:11 AM
just got a call from my gaming group.. after breakfast on sunday it looks like it will be an all day zedfest. they want me to bring over LNOE, zombie survival, and my small zombie game for more playtesting. apparrently that will be the 'feature' for the day. I'm quite excited. i just printed off the cards for the game on avery matte stock, so they look nice and are all even and the same size. ver 1&2a/b of the game had hard stock cards cut on the paper cutter.. most were close.. but not real lose. this one will be much nicer..

can't wait..

soundguy
04-08-2011, 02:20 AM
Can't wait to see what you've come up with.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
04-12-2011, 01:51 PM
got in 2 games this weekend.

hammerd out movement rules, plus counting ranges.

tried a couple different search options, went back to how I had originally written it.

seems to play fine on 1" and 2" square maps.

more play testing on wednesday evening as some cards and HTH fighting were modified.

more as it happens
04-14-2011, 05:17 PM
had another test game last night.. decided to not use 1" square mat.. only 1.5 or 2" squares..

the rules and mechanics work good. still refining the card wordings though
04-18-2011, 07:15 PM
had one more game.. updated the core rules with stat bonus's just a hair.. and updated the cards again. will go for one more play test this week and see where it is at.

soundguy
04-28-2011, 07:08 PM
got 6 board pieces made and some cards printed up on punch out card stock. ran thru a 6 player game last night.. took 2.5 hrs.. hero's narrowly won. was a good play.

soundguy
06-15-2011, 03:00 AM
I hope you're still working on this thing.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."