Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
multiple personality disorder
02-17-2014, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 10:52 PM by stevey.ferret.lord.)
Hey hey. What if you could have a character who's abilities altered repeatedly through the game? A flip side character card, on a roll of say 1 or 6 each round they could turn psycho, maybe + 1 Attack die and wins on ties, but has to charge at nearest zombie? Think john rambo when they try to shave him. To be honest this idea only this second occurred to me and so details are... non existent I had to put something down... any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2014, 01:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2014 01:58 AM by Russ.)
I like it! Name her "Sibyl!" Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or maybe even Norman Bates/Mother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-18-2014, 02:58 AM
RE: multiple personality disorder
I like it. Could work. Maybe it's triggered by his proximity to a certain number of zeds or heroes or something like that. Maybe if he draws a certain type of card...or if he gets so many wounds, etc. More situational (like Rambo) rather than by a lucky roll or other luck mechanic.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
02-18-2014, 10:29 AM
That sounds mint, but my first thought was me myself and Irene, that would make the psycho half have a dildo to bash zombie heads in!
02-18-2014, 01:10 PM
Col you have no filter. I like this idea, you could play it as every hero has a dark side at one point during the game a number counter is turned and that hero (1-4) is the n evil and controlled by the zombie side any weapons and scenario search items are taken back by other hero's if they kill him
02-18-2014, 07:27 PM
(02-17-2014 10:52 PM)stevey.ferret.lord Wrote:  Hey hey. What if you could have a character who's abilities altered repeatedly through the game? A flip side character card, on a roll of say 1 or 6 each round they could turn psycho, maybe + 1 Attack die and wins on ties, but has to charge at nearest zombie? Think john rambo when they try to shave him. To be honest this idea only this second occurred to me and so details are... non existent I had to put something down... any ideas?

You could make it into a scenario.

Say at the beginning of the game each player (or character card) is dealt a hidden note to be revealed later in the game. This note (or card)will determine if this character defects from the group and now attacks the heroes.

If the game is being played with just 2 people, the zombie player could then obtain control of any defectors, but here is the kicker (they get to keep their weapons and gear as they are not the undead yet)

This way if there are multiple players, they get to have comradery most of the game, but then betray their friends adding a bit of chaos to the game and no one will know until the reveal point.

This could be crucial points if say that betrayer has a scenario object that the group needs to win.

Sorry, my gears are spinning now.
02-19-2014, 12:14 AM
Maybe a scenario where the survivors have gotta rescue a doctor or patient from the hospital? When they get to him or her, thry take control, but under certain circumstances the zombie player tekes control? Could be a card or if she takes so many wounds... whatever?
02-21-2014, 05:34 PM
The character could be Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. LOL!

I LOVE this idea. I've always had a fascination with the duality of man and multiple personality disorder. Not sure why, but it is just interesting, in an intellectual kind of way. Plus, movies with characters like that are often really good, so I could see this being a lot of fun in this game.
02-24-2014, 08:14 PM
You could have some sort of "frenzied" ability that triggers on characters who have lots of zombies around them or are badly wounded. Win on ties. Attacks all models in current square (not just zombies) but roll twice for weapon breaks.

There should be some sort of friendly fire zombie card that lets you redirect an attack against a friendly either shooting into or swinging in as long as there are friendly and enemy models within that square. "Oh sorry, remember that chain saw? You just accidentally sawed Becky in half instead"
02-24-2014, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2014 08:53 PM by samuraitrev.)
Kleptomaniac:
During the Exchange Items Phase. This thieving Hero must attempt to steal a single Item from an unsuspecting Hero in their space (more than 1 Hero, Zombies choice). 1 item stolen on a roll of 4+

They Told Me To Do It!
During the Fight Phase after all Zombie Fights have taken place. If the manic Hero with this condition is in the same space as another unsuspecting Hero. The unsuspecting Hero is maniacally attacked from out of the blue. This causes 1 wound (but never reduces a Heroes final wound). Hero wounded on a 4+

Just some thoughts from the top of our head...