Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
new tallisman
08-25-2010, 08:22 PM
new tallisman
anyone here played the new tallisman?

I played the original way way back when.. then got the 'newer' one that came out oh.. 15ys ago.. liked that one.. thought he original was a tad harder.

I hear the new one is suposed to be more like the original.

any comments?

soundguy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2010, 09:55 PM
RE: new tallisman
I played Talisman a few times. It suffers from a similar fate as monopoly: the winner is clear far sooner than the game is over. The rest, after that, is just politeness.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-26-2010, 12:12 AM
I have the same edition #3rd? from about 15 years ago with all the expansions,but haven't played it in years.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
08-26-2010, 01:41 AM
When I went to England back in 1988... (22 years ago!?!?) I purchased the 3rd edition of Talisman. Unfortunately, I took it back that same day, never even opening it. (DOH!) I then purchased the 4th edition about 2 years ago. We played the heck out of that game. Things being what they are, I haven't played the game in quite some time. I do know that the revised edition came out recently, but I haven't checked out anything to do with it.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
08-26-2010, 03:18 AM
yep.. once you see somebody building up lotsa red or blue comes.. or lotsa blue and something cool like the sword of power.. then you know who's going after the dragon.. especially if they have an item that guarantees a kill.. or a follower like the zookeeper..

soundguy
08-26-2010, 04:27 AM
I'd have to say that my 10-year old has won more than 95% of the games we played...

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
08-26-2010, 09:02 PM
I've played every edition. I own the 3rd edition and all its expansions. And I also have all the 4th ed products out currently. Love the game and take it for what it is and don't expect any more out of it. For me it is a great game to play with some buddies while having some snacks and a few pints. I'm really digging 4th ed more so that previous versions.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
08-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Canadian Pittbull Wrote:I've played every edition. I own the 3rd edition and all its expansions. And I also have all the 4th ed products out currently. Love the game and take it for what it is and don't expect any more out of it. For me it is a great game to play with some buddies while having some snacks and a few pints. I'm really digging 4th ed more so that previous versions.

what do you like about it vs 3rd? the more expansions?

soundguy