Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hunting Rifle + Resilient
10-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Hunting Rifle + Resilient
I have searched the forum and didnt find anyhting about this, so ill go ahead and ask:
When using the hunting rifle, you can give up movement to fire a second time. First of all, i think this is very poor wording, ir shouldnt mention as a second time, because that would be the first time, since move comes before shooting phase.
So what happened is that this hero had the rifle and i, as the zp, had resilient. Do he wanted to do the double shooting (zombies in the same space), he then tossed 2 dice + a red one for checking if he ran out of ammo. He got 5, 5 and something else in the red one. I then said he would only kill the first one, because after that kill i would use resilient, before the second kill and the ammo check. Is that correct?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 01:53 PM
RE: Hunting Rifle + Resilient
The proper solution: roll each one at a time in the future.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-15-2012, 03:08 PM
You definitely can split the attacks of a hunting rifle, and the new police shotgun, the pump shotgun isn't multiple shots so you can't interrupt its killing.

As mqstout said above, roll one at a time.
10-16-2012, 12:04 PM
My interpretation of the hunting rifle is that you are allowed two shots:

* An optional one during the move phase (which you would have to give up), and
* One "normal" shot during the ranged attack phase.
After all firing is complete, roll a D6. On the roll of 1 or 2, the Hunting RifleĀ is out of ammo (discard).

The resilient card can be played to immediately discard the gun item.

Resilient should have been played on the first killing shot. Next time roll for the firing as to seperate attacks - and only once for the discard...

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-16-2012, 01:14 PM
(10-16-2012 12:04 PM)scarydk Wrote:  My interpretation of the hunting rifle is that you are allowed two shots:

* An optional one during the move phase (which you would have to give up), and
* One "normal" shot during the ranged attack phase.
After all firing is complete, roll a D6. On the roll of 1 or 2, the Hunting RifleĀ is out of ammo (discard).

The resilient card can be played to immediately discard the gun item.

Resilient should have been played on the first killing shot. Next time roll for the firing as to seperate attacks - and only once for the discard...

Hi, yah know i had to think about this one. (yes, it did hurt) I agree. It aint a shotgun.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
10-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Well, that settles it then.
Thanks for the replies.
10-16-2012, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2012 10:00 PM by vikinglad.)
Just wanted to add that the Hero is putting himself at a disadvantage by rolling all dice at once, since the results of the next shot can be seen before the card is played. If the second dice came up a 2, and the ammo die came up 1, I bet you wouldn't have played Resilient. Insane20
10-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Yes indeed... but this mistake was because the rifle was something new to us, so he played like the shotgun, but thats an excellent point.
10-17-2012, 04:13 PM
...not to mention.

If after the first shot, the Zombie player plays Resilient, then the hero player plays Gomez. Then the hero could still make his second shot. Then roll a 1 for ammo check Watchmen02

such excitment is lost when you roll them all at once.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05