Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
play immediately
01-09-2009, 03:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2009 03:15 AM by shadow.)
play immediately
Can you opt out of using them if it could do more damage to you than good?

Heres the scenario I had 4 zombies on the board two were zombie heros, which I fought very hard to get they were all on one human and had him cornered. On my draw phase I drew rotten bodies and rolled a 5 so I lost all of my zombies including my two z-heros that had no wounds for the trade off that that none of my now non existent zombies could be killed.
This hurt me very badly. It actually cost me the game and potentially the hero that I probably would've killed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2009, 03:32 AM
RE: play immediately
shadow Wrote:Can you opt out of using them if it could do more damage to you than good?

Heres the scenario I had 4 zombies on the board two were zombie heros, which I fought very hard to get they were all on one human and had him cornered. On my draw phase I drew rotten bodies and rolled a 5 so I lost all of my zombies including my two z-heros that had no wounds for the trade off that that none of my now non existent zombies could be killed.
This hurt me very badly. It actually cost me the game and potentially the hero that I probably would've killed.

you have to do it. i think.haha

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
Find all posts by this user
01-09-2009, 04:41 AM
I agree...you have to play it.

What crappy luck!
01-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Bummer Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
01-05-2011, 04:42 PM
I don't want to spawn new topic so I'll ask here. What happens if a Hero staring at the main square draws an 'Play immediately' as his bonus card?
01-05-2011, 05:11 PM
It takes effect -- it sucks, but it goes. However, you can house rule it that they can discard and redraw if it is play immediately. My group has.

My group has also house ruled that you cannot start the game with any 'scenario search items' (including via the play immediately card "Just What I Needed").
01-05-2011, 05:17 PM
(01-05-2011 05:11 PM)mqstout Wrote:  It takes effect -- it sucks, but it goes. However, you can house rule it that they can discard and redraw if it is play immediately. My group has.

My group has also house ruled that you cannot start the game with any 'scenario search items' (including via the play immediately card "Just What I Needed").
Thanks I was thinking the same thing. Also a good idea with the scenario card.
01-09-2011, 11:53 PM
Does the play immediately mean that you also draw another card to replace it (to get to the hand limit of 4?
01-10-2011, 12:00 AM
(01-09-2011 11:53 PM)sci teacher Wrote:  Does the play immediately mean that you also draw another card to replace it (to get to the hand limit of 4?

No, it counts toward the draw of four. I recently read somewhere else in this forum that you should draw up to a hand of four, then choose which order to play your "play immediately" cards in, if there are more than one. The new cards are treated as having been drawn simultaneously, and "Play Immediately" cards are played just after that draw is made.
01-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the clarification. We were doing it the way you were doing it, or else we figured the zombies would get super powerful too quickly.