Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
pulling cards from the discard pile.
10-13-2011, 01:07 PM
RE: pulling cards from the discard pile.
He was within the rules and right. All cards in discards (and thus which are removed) is public. You were probably benefited by this though: he was holding on to that card for a while, which limited his cycling through his own event deck. He limited himself seriously in the short term.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2011, 03:08 PM
in that scenario I would have held the event card you took and just played a psychological game with the zombie player. honestly him knowing can work in your favor as well.
Find all posts by this user
10-13-2011, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2011 04:13 PM by PJON.)
Hi, now im confused, but whats new.

So...if im reading this right. You took an At Last, or a Gomez or a Jeb. Some card that cancels a Zombie Card.

I dont know why you would want to cancel cards anyway. Its just some formed paper with ink sprayed on it. Cards are a great invention. They cancelled the Edsel, and recently cribs with drop down sides. Im opposed to canceling cards. Couldnt play 52 pick up with them.

The Zombie Player then played

“There’s No Time, Leave It!”
The Zombie player may choose any card from the Hero Cards discard pile and remove it from the game.

Now, I dont have the game in front of me. (im at work) The Zombie Player than removed gasoline from the game. I thought as a Zombie Player, im not allowed to mess with Scenario Items ?

....back to discarding. Yes, the discard piles are public, and I go through the Hero Deck often. I love Fighting instincts ! i want more of those Watchmen02 Yes, i may watch as a Hero picks from the discard pile. For me, its no big deal. ( and i cant find where the rules say you must disclose, i will look again, im always up for learning ) Heroes have so many cancel cards, so many Just What I needed (4) I think it adds better game play, to allow for some suspence or surprise. Its my job as a Zombie player to "out wit" you with card play. I appreciate the return effort. And its only an Event Cards in question. An item must be displayed.

If were playing Defend the Manor, and the Hero plays Blocked Windows and Doors. Then Just What I Needed and takes Blocked Windows and Doors, and tells me. What ? Im not gonna try to get into the Manor ? I now know it will take me one more turn to win. I better hold on to my Despair.... ???

either way. hugz

(10-13-2011 03:29 PM)PJON Wrote:  Hi, now im confused, but whats new.

So...if im reading this right. You took an At Last, or a Gomez or a Jeb. Some card that cancels a Zombie Card.

I dont know why you would want to cancel cards anyway. Its just some formed paper with ink sprayed on it. Cards are a great invention. They cancelled the Edsel, and recently cribs with drop down sides. Im opposed to canceling cards. Couldnt play 52 pick up with them.

The Zombie Player then played

“There’s No Time, Leave It!”
The Zombie player may choose any card from the Hero Cards discard pile and remove it from the game.

Now, I dont have the game in front of me. (im at work) The Zombie Player than removed gasoline from the game. I thought as a Zombie Player, im not allowed to mess with Scenario Items ?

....back to discarding. Yes, the discard piles are public, and I go through the Hero Deck often. I love Fighting instincts ! i want more of those Watchmen02 Yes, i may watch as a Hero picks from the discard pile. For me, its no big deal. ( and i cant find where the rules say you must disclose, i will look again, im always up for learning ) Heroes have so many cancel cards, so many Just What I needed (4) I think it adds better game play, to allow for some suspence or surprise. Its my job as a Zombie player to "out wit" you with card play. I appreciate the return effort. And its only an Event Cards in question. An item must be displayed.

If were playing Defend the Manor, and the Hero plays Blocked Windows and Doors. Then Just What I Needed and takes Blocked Windows and Doors, and tells me. What ? Im not gonna try to get into the Manor ? I now know it will take me one more turn to win. I better hold on to my Despair.... ???

either way. hugz

PS If I ever play Hero. I would not deny the Zombie Player from knowing which card I took from the discard pile.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
10-13-2011, 06:46 PM
I understand that what's in the discard pile is public knowledge and if he decided to look through the deck before I chose he could, however once it goes from the discard pile to my hand its no longer public knowledge. And I don't see anything in the rules about having to disclose cards in my hand