Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
questions for ya
11-14-2009, 08:34 PM
questions for ya
A few things confuse me about the rules.

1. what exactly does lights out do? the basic explination doesn't seem to help me understand. what can and can't be done during lights out?

2. what happens if you're already holding a ranged weapon and draw another one? can you choose to discard the one your holding to keep the one you drew? Or can you have two ranged weapons?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2009, 11:08 PM
RE: questions for ya
1. If you move into a building with lights out on it, your movement ends in the first square. If you move in building with lights out on it, you can only move one square. Your movements stops after moving into a square with lights out on it.

2. You can carry up to two weapons, but only use 1 ranged weapon. If you find a ranged weapon and are carrying two weapons already, you can discard any of your weapons.

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
Find all posts by this user
11-15-2009, 12:46 AM
As Sovtech said, thought I would like to add:

1. Lights Out only affects movement you can still search in a Building with Lights Out and fight normally.

2. Weapons can be carried even by those who cannot use them, such as Father Joseph who can carry a gun and pass it to another player but cannot use it himself.
11-15-2009, 02:39 AM
To fix a minor point in sovtech's #1, you can move normally out of a building even if it has lights out, as long as you start by the door and can leave on your first movement. I like to word it as, "Each space in a building with lights out consumes all of your movement when you enter it."
11-15-2009, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the replys, they helped alot. Even the part about Father Joseph holding onto a ranged weapon to exchange. Didn't even think about that Watchmen02
11-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Thx mqstout, that was the formulation I wanted to use Watchmen02

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
12-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Quote:1. If you move into a building with lights out on it, your movement ends in the first square. If you move in building with lights out on it, you can only move one square. Your movements stops after moving into a square with lights out on it.

Is this similar to the Zombie's "hard rain" card going INTO a building, too? I got called on that (as a hero) over the weekend. I was standing outside at the door to a building and "hard rain" was in effect. The zombie card holder was adamant that i had to decrease my movement by 1 because i was starting outside. I didn't agree, but acquiesced just to move the game along.
12-21-2009, 09:11 PM
cactusgarrett Wrote:Is this similar to the Zombie's "hard rain" card going INTO a building, too? I got called on that (as a hero) over the weekend. I was standing outside at the door to a building and "hard rain" was in effect. The zombie card holder was adamant that i had to decrease my movement by 1 because i was starting outside. I didn't agree, but acquiesced just to move the game along.

Hard Rain reduces your movement roll. If you start outside, your effective roll on your movement die is one less.

"All Heroes who start their move outside of a building must subtract 1 from their Movement Dice roll (to a minimum of 1). " Emphasis mine.
12-22-2009, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2009 02:10 PM by cactusgarrett.)
mqstout Wrote:Hard Rain reduces your movement roll. If you start outside, your effective roll on your movement die is one less.

"All Heroes who start their move outside of a building must subtract 1 from their Movement Dice roll (to a minimum of 1). " Emphasis mine.

Sweet. That helps a lot. The starts their move portion wasn't emphasised during our play.