Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
?'s - Random Building & Pick Up:
12-21-2009, 06:37 PM
?'s - Random Building & Pick Up:
Maybe simple questions, but scouring the instructions while playing over the weekend didn't turn up definite answers for us:

1) In following thru on the "Taken Over" card, we were attempting to roll for a random building, but due to the four L-pieces selected at the beginning of the game, there were buildings that had the same random number designation on them and we couldn't narrow it down to one building. We re-rolled. How should we have proceeded? Does the 4 numbers with arrows in the corners of the center-of-town piece have any relation to this?

2) Some buildings have the "Pick up:" designation on them. For the Kill 'Em All, basic scenario we were playing there seemed to be no clarification (we could find) in the rules regarding how to go about this. If searching the building, do you go thru the discard pile to pick up what the designation tells you to (if it's there)? Is this not used in the basic game?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2009, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2009 09:09 PM by mqstout.)
RE: ?'s - Random Building & Pick Up:
1: You roll once, which indicates which of the four corner tiles you roll on again for the second. (See the center tile, it tells you. There's also Players' and Zombies' choice. After you select the corner tile, then you roll for that tile, which uses the numbers in the corners of each building.

2: Building "pick ups" generally let you pick up items already discarded to the hero deck discard pile. There are some few scenarios that turn all of the Pick Up: abilities into searches through the discard. I am not exactly certain about the basic scenario of this, but I would doubt they removed the building Pick Up: abilities for that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply