Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
second chance
02-18-2011, 01:38 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2011 11:10 PM by steve.esper.)
second chance
alright second try, i was wondering if someone wouldnt mind helping me finish my custom character. Originally Orguss was going to finish it, but i havent heard back from him.

Character

Name: Richard Esperson
Title: Texas Ranger
Start: Random Building
Law Enforcement- Male
Special Rules:
Give Me Back My Bullets- May take any "Ammo Card" from the discard pile as a move action while searching a building.
Cowboy- If carrying two pistol based weapons, may fire both of them buring a range attack in each hand.
Health- 2 wounds, 1 dead marker.
Quote- "Well that didnt turn out how i hoped."

Picture http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r21/O...nt=230.jpg
if someone could do this i would greatly appreciate it, thank you for your time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2011, 05:58 AM
RE: second chance
The image you linked comes up "page not found"... Either there is something wrong with the link, or the image is missing.

Yeah I just looked at your post in edit... that is a bad URL... shouldn't have "..." in it. Looks like it was a shortened display of the link and there is more that got cut out and replaced with the "..."
02-18-2011, 09:55 AM
I would make his starting position "The Road Out Of Town"...those rangers tend to roam from what I seen in the movies Watchmen02
Otherwise I think he has some cool enough skills.

Is the quote writen correctly? "thatS" ? Not sure but it sounds wrong to me.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-18-2011, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2011 10:36 AM by vikinglad.)
The program GIMP is a free download, and I made my first card with it recently with no graphics experience at all in two nights. It came out pretty good. I would encourage you to give it a shot yourself. You may be surprised how good you do, and the questions you have could be posted and answered here to help other noobs like us out. There are already a few helpful threads on this site for GIMP that can point you in the right direction. It is fun once you start getting in to it. I even taught my 8-year-old how to do it, and we made some cards for a boardgame she is trying to make. I made her templates like the ones available in our downloads section on TZG, and she can get pictures online and add them and edit the text herself. Here is one she made with my template.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

02-18-2011, 10:22 PM
alright, thanks guys. i got GIMP downloaded and it looks great, i just need some help on faunt size, coloring and any other seggestions, ill toy with it and see how it works.
02-18-2011, 11:00 PM
well since we are talking about Gimp i got a question i am hoping someone can help with. does anyone know how to add the black boarder around the words? i noticed that the Hero cards that come with the game have it around the heroes names and such, and being a bit of a perfectionist at times, i would really love to add it to the cards i am trying to make.

Can't save the world??... then prepare for its end.
02-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Really? I didn't? I did everything you asked, even after you kept asking random dumb changes...

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
02-18-2011, 11:09 PM
lol... its ok Orguss. i didnt hear from you. if you like you can finish up the character, but only if you like. im not holding it to you. the specs are up above and sorry about the picture being not there here is the pic again.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r21/O.../230-2.jpg
02-19-2011, 01:36 AM
(02-18-2011 11:03 PM)Orguss Wrote:  Really? I didn't? I did everything you asked, even after you kept asking random dumb changes...

Tell us how you really feel, lol.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
02-19-2011, 03:30 AM
yes, i concur Mr. D.