Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
shadow witch new villain from FFG
11-02-2011, 09:15 AM
shadow witch new villain from FFG
dunno if someon has just posted this new (i suppose yes) but there's a new villain on the block.

shadow witch, form FFG itself!.

http://www.flyingfrog.net/atouchofevil/a...ntent.html

anyway, i'm here to discuss about her.

i want to play a game tomorrow evening (yesterday afternoon we defeat the necromancer ) and we will use the witch.

I found her rules most interesting.
a lot of simple and nice things great to creathe the pathos and to be involved in a "real chase" of evil.

nice the cat rule and the clue rule also, it prevent SWAT team game in wich super heroes tend to defeat the game in a few turns.

not particulary innovative the minion chart but ther's a decent amount of minions ti collect investigations, also it's nice to find a way to save the elders from their fate.

in other words up to now i like her and i think is a "good villain" Watchmen02

any hint from you?

cheers
Ugo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2011, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2011 11:07 AM by SovTech.)
RE: shadow witch new villain from FFG
Hmm... I would strongly recommend trying to play against her competitively, I think she would truly shine in a competitive game.

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
11-02-2011, 11:15 AM
(11-02-2011 11:07 AM)SovTech Wrote:  Hmm... I would strongly recommend trying to play against her competitively, I think she would truly shine in a competitive game.

Cheerio,
ST

we usually play on a competitive team 3vs3 Watchmen02
11-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Uh! Nice, how does that work out for you? I guess that gives some possibilities that you dont find in a competitive or a cooperative game... ?

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
11-02-2011, 12:29 PM
(11-02-2011 11:49 AM)SovTech Wrote:  Uh! Nice, how does that work out for you? I guess that gives some possibilities that you dont find in a competitive or a cooperative game... ?

it's great.

as long as we are usually 4+ (most of the time 6) players we play on a mix cooperative/competitive.

we made teams of 3 heroes each mixed around the table A-B-A-B and so on so to have one turn for each team.

the villain takes X per number of team-player wounds so in a two team (3players) game the villain will have 3xwounds.

the games are great, we use che advanced cooperative table and as long as there are 3 man squads event cards can be countered and used to enhance the team mates and block the other team heroes.

cooperative game is too easy, competitive in more than 3 are impossible as long as you have to face the villin plus event cards played by other players.

with the team competitve mode you are able to have a strategy wth your mates but you also must be very carefully of you rivals both as villain enhancers than villain killers.

there's a run for the best objects, the investigation markers and so on.

be aware that the game will become very hard.
we lost the last 4 games and we were forced to act all vs the game when the time occurred.

may be you and your group can try these mode and let us know your opinion...

cheers
11-04-2011, 03:57 AM
This is wicked. Totally going to have to add the Shadow Witch to our next game!

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
11-04-2011, 08:10 AM
(11-04-2011 03:57 AM)Canadian Pittbull Wrote:  This is wicked. Totally going to have to add the Shadow Witch to our next game!

agree!
if this evening we manage to play atoe we will use her and i'll post some comments
06-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Man, finally got to play with her last night. She is brutal. The town elders were dropping left and right.
06-12-2012, 12:48 PM
I have not tried her yet,

How did you play?
Competetive, coop, coop-team?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Played her last night, 3 player competitive. Well, it started out competitive, but, by the end, it was somewhat cooperative because Elaine was owning us.

Isabella got K.O'ed first turn, and then every turn after that due to random creature encounters and possession.

Katarina spent her time picking up investigation, but never fought anything.

Karl couldn't get to his next clue/ showdown because Spectres blocked both ways to Echo Lake.

Trees were everywhere!

I wish she had at least one weaker minion. Also, Spectres are too over powered; 5 fight dice and an extra mystery card.