Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
small tweaks compilation (group effort!)
02-12-2012, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2012 09:19 PM by mqstout.)
small tweaks compilation (group effort!)
So what are am I looking for? I'd like people to post simple fixes, alterations or adjustments to the game that are up to only a few sentences long. They can be minor or even game-changing, as long as they're relatively simple. Try to keep yourself to one post in the thread (edit your existing post) and use a numbered list with your preferred once at the top (lowest numbered), in case we have to make an X per person cutoff. Don't be afraid of repeating others'. It will reinforce it.

Let's try for a group effort. Here's how I see this happening:

* This thread will solicit ideas. Please have contributions only -- no discussion. I see this step taking the longest.
* A second thread will poll on the community acceptance of each contribution. This step shouldn't take very long.
* A third will rank those that were accepted.

The end result, hopefully, will be a succinct list of high-quality, vetted adjustments to the game that someone can look at and select from without a lot of commitment. At the very least, it will be a list of items that can be an "idea seed" for others. We'll figure out later how to revise the list with new additions.

If yours is selected, I may ask you to write a short blurb explaining the impact of the alteration.

My list to get the thread started:
  1. Zombie Card "Last Night On Earth" can be played between any pair of heroes, excluding Father Joseph.
  2. Omit the Hero Card "Fence Post".
  3. Billy starts with an extra Hero Card (unless playing with Survival of the Fittest decks or barricades).
  4. Gasoline/explosives can ignite adjacent gasoline markers.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2012, 09:03 PM
RE: small tweaks compilation (group effort!)
I always played #4 as a rule.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
Find all posts by this user
02-13-2012, 12:08 AM
I separate the hero deck into 4 piles and and put the at the 4corners of the board. stops heroes from camping and searching. cool thread
02-13-2012, 03:10 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2012 03:20 AM by mqstout.)
one unintentional rule tweak we do at my place is that all heroes move, then all heroes shoot, then trade, fight. Didn't catch this one for years, and when I did notice that you're supposed to 'activate' a hero to move & shoot one at a time nobody really went for it. Thinking about it, there's pros and cons, but it does speed up the game I'd imagine

EDITED: Removed discussion. -mqs
02-13-2012, 04:58 AM
1) Discard the Flaregun to ignore Lights Out or Hard Rain until end of turn.

2) Whenever a gun is out of ammo, it is not discarded, it becomes tapped. The gun can be thrown as a ranged attack: Range 1. Hits on 6.
02-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Hi,

Since I play with Hero Pack 1.
1) Make a copy of "I dont Trust em" for the Victor Hero Card, and place the original back in the Zombie Deck.

2) "Last Night on Earth" Can be played on any 2 Heroes. as some one (i forget who) from this site put it. It can be more Philosophical. Like Amanda apoligizing to Jade for all those years of teasing, or Victor having a Heart-to-Heart with Sheriff Anderson, or Mr Goddard having the good old big bang vs creation with Father Joseph. It does not have to be XXX although thats fun too Watchmen02
My current House Rule for LNOE is:can be played on any 2 Hereos, and any student with Father Joseph

3) Zombies spawn at +3 normal, +6 with Horde. Heroes can carry 5 items - 2 can be weapons. i suck at spawning Insane19

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05