Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
start of TWD season
10-15-2013, 05:20 PM
start of TWD season
anyone wish to discuss this episode?

I see some time has elapsed since the last episode of the last season
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2013, 06:58 PM
RE: start of TWD season
I would have to say that it was pretty predictable.
We needed to have a little blurb about each of the characters and where they were at since we last left them.
Could see the thing that happened with Rick a mile away. It is good to see that they have the zombies more rotten as time goes by.
I don't follow the comic but I'm hoping that they eventually go more into the "How/Why" of this outbreak since the CDC section of the first season was pretty short.

I liked that they put Macon on the map since that is near where the Telltale games series was.
10-15-2013, 07:05 PM
the rick part was obvious.. but such that it wasted good action time. Watchmen02

the zeds falling thur the gravel roof was unrealistic. those aren't plywood rooves.. Watchmen02

and yeah.. an update on the months between last season and this episode would have been nice.

as for rotting zeds.. really.. non of them shoulda made it mor ethan a few months... at all..
10-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Previous seasons have included flashbacks within episodes so perhaps more story will eveolve over the next 15 episodes.

However I don't have access to Sky channels here in UK so to avoid spoilers I'll have to leave this thread.
10-15-2013, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2013 08:10 PM by ch82.)
(10-15-2013 07:05 PM)soundguy Wrote:  the rick part was obvious.. but such that it wasted good action time. Watchmen02

the zeds falling thur the gravel roof was unrealistic. those aren't plywood rooves.. Watchmen02

and yeah.. an update on the months between last season and this episode would have been nice.

as for rotting zeds.. really.. non of them shoulda made it mor ethan a few months... at all..

I think it was more about the way they had them fall through the roof that seemed kind of hokey. Sure the helicopter would have damaged the roof and I could see a collapse happening but not with the zombies poking through first. Something else could have happened inside the building first structurally to have the helicopter break through (They could have had that crush the kid that died).

Perhaps somehow the rotting can somehow be staved off by feeding on flesh. The whole zombie physics/anatomy is pure fantasy anyway so it is the part you kind of have to not be too critical about.

It would be nice to know how much time has passed since the outbreak since it is difficult to keep track of. I looked at a wiki and it seems like they are 1.5 years into the outbreak.
10-15-2013, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2013 10:13 PM by alderdust.)
Honestly this show will struggle soon if it doesn't come up with anything for the survivors to fear besides being victim to a zombie. Beth was bored when that guy died she liked....I beginning to feel the same. When a character dies I feel nothing.

By the way I'm guessing swine flu H1N1 is spreading. And you can't say that those zombies on the roof were roaming all of this time and the roof JUST began falling in.
10-15-2013, 10:25 PM
(10-15-2013 10:11 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Honestly this show will struggle soon if it doesn't come up with anything for the survivors to fear besides being victim to a zombie. Beth was bored when that guy died she liked....I beginning to feel the same. When a character dies I feel nothing.

By the way I'm guessing swine flu H1N1 is spreading. And you can't say that those zombies on the roof were roaming all of this time and the roof JUST began falling in.

With over 16 million viewers for the first episode I don't think it is showing much sign of struggle yet
10-15-2013, 11:47 PM
I don't think that's the problem it's just not anything new I'm a big fan but have become unimpressed lately
10-22-2013, 11:49 PM
So what did everyone think of episode 2?
10-27-2013, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2013 10:10 AM by Achtung Panzer.)
(10-15-2013 10:11 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Honestly this show will struggle soon if it doesn't come up with anything for the survivors to fear besides being victim to a zombie. Beth was bored when that guy died she liked....I beginning to feel the same. When a character dies I feel nothing

I think this shows how the characters are now almost de-sensitised. They've gotten used to death. Think how series 3 opened with the survivors, now a hardened team, systematically going through a house in silence, looking for food not survivors. Look at how Carl has grown up in the 6 months since series 2.