Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
start of TWD season
10-27-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: start of TWD season
I couldn't agree more but now that they are desensitize there needs to be more conflict from something other than the zombies I mean it's almost routine at this point.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2013, 01:34 PM
yep.. carl is getting older.. no way to hide it.

i think they need a 'float' tied to their pond pump pickup.. that way it won't drag the bottom.. sounded like plenty of water when she let it drop back in.

Lastly.

looks like they are almost down tot heir original last season membership #'s again...
10-29-2013, 04:11 PM
I think they made it too obvious who burned the bodies.

When the series started I liked Glenn but between this season and the end of last season I kind of feel like I wouldn't miss him too much if they decided to off his character.

I'm surprised that the big black guy didn't get bit. They certainly have the zombies swing from really frail and weak to incredibly strong. Human bite power isn't even all that strong. They could just wear thick sweaters and not have to worry about bites. They haven't even begun to try and address how the bite mechanism works because if a bite can turn on the virus they could just use that knowledge to develop something to turn it off. I doubt there will ever be a search for a cure though. The series is more about the slow plodding death march of humanity and despair.
10-29-2013, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 05:45 PM by soundguy.)
i don't see it as an issue of the bite 'turning on' the virus or not. Nor would they hav ethe research and genetics lab available IF that is all it was.

remember.

everyone is infected. we can only guess / presume that while alive and mostly healthy, your immune system keeps it in check, however.. throw some crippling illness on you ( that flue ).. or the fungal and other bacterial or parasytic loaded infection from the mouth of a nasty walker.. and then you have hastened death and then normal re-animation.

ps.. i still like glen.. he's just in a hard spot. 1, he's 'whipped', and 2, for good reason.. not a huge supply of opposite sex mates avail;able now.. gotta keep the one you are with happy or do without...
10-29-2013, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 06:44 PM by ch82.)
Except when you get bit you always turn unless of course you cut off the appendage right away. At least that is what has been shown in the show so far. How much farther along is the comic compared with the show?
10-29-2013, 07:58 PM
the comic and the movie share SOME characters.. and very little else.

think about rabies.

if you get bit.. and are not treated.. you die.

a walker bites you int he hand and you immediately whack the arm off. no bad infection transmission.

I bet if a rabid raccoon bit you int he hand and you whacked the arm off you wouldn't get rabies either.. if you whacked it off as soon as it happened.

everyone already has the zombie virus, the primary infection.

the bite just seems to give you a bad secondary infection that kills you.

once dead, form anything, as we have seen. you turn.

the secondary infection could just be dirty motuh bacteria that give you sepsis and you die.. then.. as normal.. turn

cutting off the bite prevents the sepsis... etc..
11-22-2013, 05:42 PM
I liked that the focus of the episode from the past week was not on any of the normal survivors. It's nice to see someone else since the regular characters have become so cookie cutter it is like watching the same episode over and over.
11-22-2013, 07:04 PM
This governor episode was my favorite of the season. It was nice to see a little bit of a change up.
11-22-2013, 10:01 PM
reminds me of the last books a bit..