Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
played zombicide this weekend. 2 games
09-03-2013, 02:20 PM
played zombicide this weekend. 2 games
1st one we won.. cakewalked actually. 2nd one.. hordes got us.

Only thing we didn't like about the game play is shooting. Basically.. if you shoot and there are hero's on the same tile.. you AUTOMATICALLY hit ( must kill ) all hero's first before you hit any zombies.

that kinda stinks...

otherwise.. game is not too bad.

gonna give it another go next week.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2013, 02:36 PM
RE: played zombicide this weekend. 2 games
(09-03-2013 02:20 PM)soundguy Wrote:  1st one we won.. cakewalked actually. 2nd one.. hordes got us.

Only thing we didn't like about the game play is shooting. Basically.. if you shoot and there are hero's on the same tile.. you AUTOMATICALLY hit ( must kill ) all hero's first before you hit any zombies.

that kinda stinks...

otherwise.. game is not too bad.

gonna give it another go next week.

I purchased Zombicide through kickstarter so I've had the game for a while and I've played it a bunch! I'm a big fan, especially for a quick a dirty solo game experience. At first I did agree with your take on shooting and hitting survivors first but I played it that way every time and actually really like the way it kind of forces you to be more strategic with your turn. You could house rule to change the order of hits when shooting but I have a feeling that might take a way quite a bit from the game and make it too easy at times.
09-03-2013, 03:00 PM
one of the games we played had something like 4-5 spawn points nad objectives spread out. we kept getting fast zombies and then an abomination popped up.

with no way to kill the abom.. it basically made us run around alot. That's another issue... need a good way to kill the abom. game we played had you remove the molotovs fromt he deck. that means you have to draw up till you find gas and a bottle. along with all the other stuff going on.. and no shooting really... it makes it tough on the survivors. nobody likes to play for 3 hours then loose all at once.

another one was the re-activation of the fast zombies at a spawn phase. with hero's basically only having 2 hit points total. IE.. 2 hits kills, and fast zombies having 2 actions. having a ton of fast ones on the board and then activating them 2x.. pretty much kills all the hero's in 1 turn.

game ballance needs tweaking a hair.
09-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Yeah, that is the way the Molotovs always work. You have to find the components to build them; I suppose no one left their molotov cocktails lying around. And that is the only way to deal with the Abomination unless you're playing with El Cholo who can gain the ability to do an extra point of damage. Usually a strategy is to have one survivor, hopefully one with the slippery ability (the ability to move through spaces with zombies as if they weren't there), lure the Abomination away from the group so they can get through the objectives or find the means to deal with the Abomination directly. As for re-activations, the only way to avoid that is to take out zombies as often as possible and try not to let them build up. I will say that when I lose it is almost always due to a 2nd activation because all of the zombies have spawned and I am unable to place more. Zombicide is a game that I really don't mind playing for an hour or two only to lose suddenly though because I have fun while I'm playing it no matter the outcome.
09-04-2013, 01:28 PM
since there are molotov cards in the game.. I find it a tad iritating when the game has you put them aside. there are only a few of them.. and you can only carry limited cards. it's not like all characters are gonna be walking around with 5 molotovs...

we take care of the zeds as we could. but 2 bad spawns in a row got us.. bad timing issues.. plus no one being able to deal with the abomination AND the fast zombies at the same time.
09-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Zombicide is a cool Game (I picked it up from the CSI special after KS ended) it gives a great sense of the shambling hordes.
The rules on shooting & moving that spawn Zombies inside rooms plus some vague things in the rule book did take some getting
use to but I enjoyed the Game. Even bought some Zombie Flesh paint to do the figs (another addition to my vast backload).

What did rather turned me off was the rather random way the building were thrown together. I mean bathrooms opening
up on streets or between dining rooms & the kitchen. No effect on the Game of course but you just wonder why they
could not have designed the rooms in a realistic fashion-for me it detracts from the game.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
09-05-2013, 10:34 PM
and some of those buildings ar enot up to code!

no windows.. and many with ONLY 1 door Zombie03
09-06-2013, 10:39 PM
agree, but still zombi game, so I`m not checking if the bathroom ends near the street or something.
it has zombies right? ;-)
09-06-2013, 10:52 PM
if it has zeds.. it's likely ok by me. Watchmen02