Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
stores vs direct orders
01-27-2010, 03:42 PM
RE: stores vs direct orders
I support my FLGS as its one of the only ones in Northern Ireland and so i feel its important to support them. They are quite good, although can be quite dear, part of that is the delivery cost as Northern Ireland is often in the same postal bracket as Venus!
HAve to say i'd like to do more with my FLGS and help with demos etc. but with the recession space is a premium so not a great amount of space for them to take place.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2010, 06:07 AM
It is not the game store owners you should have a gripe with it is the distributors. most other retail businesses get their products whole sale at 50% or below. in the gaming market the best discount is 65% unless you order enough to supply a small battalion with games. while they may charge a lil more and may not have promos they do offer you a place to play and meet people not to mention you never know when u may need that random mini or replacement dice before a session. Zombie17

Really cardio is the first rule .....I am so dead.
11-24-2010, 10:17 PM
I say buy it in a store- that way they get a cut, FF get their cut and everyone's happy.

It might be a little more expensive, however that extra pays for the experience.
11-29-2010, 08:49 PM
i agree.. the only 2 stores 'local' to me are each a couple hours away. thus I buy online alot.. though when at the local store.. if they have something i want I get it there.

I'd also like to 2nd the comment on the GREAT customer service at flying frog. i've had a few difficulties with their online store a couple times and they were real quick to help me make the order and work out the issues.. always friendly too!

soundguy