Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
the car chips are more then for show, now
07-30-2008, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2008 01:48 AM by deadrabbit.)
the car chips are more then for show, now
so ya ive made up some pretty awsome rules for driveing cars in the game. they work pretty good and are fair for both zombies and human, they have also lead to many other senerios and game types that are very fun. if you have and questions just ask.
*for starters draw two vertical lines on the car(truck) seprating the hood of the truck, the carriage, and the trunk.
*you put the truck any where on the map with one free search counter on it.
*you need to get the keys card to drive the car.
*when you get to the middle space of the car your in the driver seat.
*to move roll the d6 +1 on a roll of 1 the car is out of gas.
*but you can fill it up with the gas card by discarding while in same space as car.
*the car takes up two spaces, and pivots on the hood space.
*when zombies try to move on to the car from the front. they must move on to the front space. same with the middle and back space. zombies may not move diagonally onto cars.
*if you hit a zombie, roll a d6 on a 5+ you kill the zombie.
*if you dont the zombie goes on the hood of the car( first space)
*they may move into your space( middle space) on there movement turn.
*if you fight a zombie while in a car and roll a 6 you kick them off even if you lose. you may move them to an adjacent space.
*if your driveing you can only make one attack.
either with a ranged weapon or a hand weapon, one hand weapon.
*up to three players may sit in the middle space of the car. but up to six can be in the back of the car.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2008, 09:14 PM
RE: the car chips are more then for show, now
sounds fun.
04-20-2009, 01:57 AM
ok a few comments:

- i see where you're going with the zombies coming in only on front and back, but cmon they're zombies they should be able to come in on the sides as well (unless it's zombie proof glass). so for now lemme suggest that they can come in from the sides as well.

so what makes a car so great. the car should provide for 3 major advantages:
-armor
-movement
-shooting advantage.

As for armor, let's say you can only be attacked if a zombie rolls a 4,5,6 (can't make it too hard or people will just sit in the car all day). each time they roll a 4,5,6 part of the car dies (maybe useless after x zombie attacks). this way they can come in sides, front, back, more realistic, but harder for them to get to you. that's armor portion, just an idea, can be customized of course

For movement. d6 plus 1? i mean, heros already roll a D6. I'm thinking this definitly needs to be 2 d6's. it's a car. On a combined roll of 3 or less it's outta gas. that way it really moves and lets you do your thing remotely.

For shooting, maybe add one to ranged, but if you break the weapon in the car, you remove it from the game.

last but not least, you should be able to crash it into the side of a building. crash site becomes a door, and the car is destroyed. Watchmen02
05-04-2009, 05:25 PM
you can move on the car from the sides you just cant move diagonlly onto it, sorry if i worded that wrong.

the advantage of the car is that every one is moveing together, you cant have things like trip played on you, i think thats what its called. as for shooting better, you can shoot better while standing still not in a moveing vehicle.

the movement is play tested, we tryed moveing more and it was just crazy, we could get around the hole board and run over nearly ever zombie.

we do have some new rules that i have not added, kinda like your armor idea, the car has four armor one on each side, front back and sides. a zombie must use attack and roll a 5+ to break the glass after its broke zombies can move freely.

also if you park the car infront of a door it makes a barricade that zombies cant move threw.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]