Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
the omega man
05-21-2012, 01:25 PM
the omega man
was browseing the cheap isle at the store and found a 4.50$ copy of the omega man on dvd.

I'm a heston fan anyway.. so figured why not see the pre-make of i-am-legend.

pretty neet to see the simularities... and now i appreciate i-am-legend even more as I see what they were working from...

bad driver he was.. Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: the omega man
(05-21-2012 01:25 PM)soundguy Wrote:  was browseing the cheap isle at the store and found a 4.50$ copy of the omega man on dvd.

pretty neet to see the simularities... and now i appreciate i-am-legend even more as I see what they were working from...

Now you have to go back even further to see The Last Man on Earth, the 1964 version of the story starring Vincent Price.

Here is the IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058700/

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
05-21-2012, 03:31 PM
interesting.. Watchmen02
05-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Love "Omega Man". It was one of the few flicks that scratched my post apocalyptic/zombie itch back when I was a lad (42 now, so that's been a while)

Love LMOE as well, maybe even more, since it hews closest to the original novella "I Am Legend", which still rules them all.

The move that shares that title? Not so much...Insane19
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
05-23-2012, 05:18 PM
(05-21-2012 02:47 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  
(05-21-2012 01:25 PM)soundguy Wrote:  was browseing the cheap isle at the store and found a 4.50$ copy of the omega man on dvd.

Now you have to go back even further to see The Last Man on Earth, the 1964 version of the story starring Vincent Price.

Here is the IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058700/

...besides a goodcop2000, your a good man for knowing that. Vincent Price did some awesomely good stuff.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
05-23-2012, 06:22 PM
will have to look for that one on my next outting....
05-24-2012, 01:05 AM
(05-23-2012 06:22 PM)soundguy Wrote:  will have to look for that one on my next outting....

It has fallen into the public domain now, so you find it A LOT on DVD combo packs. I remember as a lad so badly wanting to see this, combing all the late night horror shows looking for it & now it's easy to find. *le sigh* Zombie17
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
05-24-2012, 02:02 AM
i will look at wally mart.. they have alot of 10 on 1 dvd type things in different themes
05-25-2012, 02:18 PM
I am Legend was fantastic. I listened to the audiobook of I am Legend and found it quite provocative - very scary as, well, I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't read it. The description of Last Man on Earth seems very interesting. Thanks!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-25-2012, 09:42 PM
yep.. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

i found it on amazon, BAM and N&N.. just seeing where my best deal is..