Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
the omega man
05-26-2012, 12:00 AM
RE: the omega man
(05-25-2012 09:42 PM)soundguy Wrote:  yep.. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

i found it on amazon, BAM and N&N.. just seeing where my best deal is..

If you have access to Netflix, The Last Man On Earth is available as a streaming video on your TV (via your game console).

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2012, 12:04 AM
i don't unfortunately
06-03-2012, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2012 09:35 PM by goodcop2000.)
even more versions of this story
(05-26-2012 12:04 AM)soundguy Wrote:  i don't unfortunately

I just got around to watching The Last Man on Earth and enjoyed it (I added a review to my thread at the top of the media section). I found out something interesting when I looked at imdb.com (I always check to make sure I have the right year of release, actors' names, etc.).

I knew about The Last Man on Earth (1964), The Omega Man (1971), and I Am Legend (2007). I did not know there are two other film versions of the same story! According to imdb.com there was what appears to be a Spanish-language version, Soy Leyenda (1967), and a low-budget, straight-to-video, badly reviewed movie called I Am Omega (2007).

I don't feel any pressing need to see these other versions, though...

06-04-2012, 12:48 PM
RE: even more versions of this story
(06-03-2012 09:34 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  I don't feel any pressing need to see these other versions, though...

yep.. no need here on the spanish one.. but if the other straight to vid one is english.. i might look for it. some pretty .. um 'good' 'B' rated movies have made it to tape Watchmen02
06-04-2012, 07:58 PM
You could probably pass on "I Am Omega". It's....pretty bad (& this is from someone who adores bad movies!). I happened into it on one of the combo packs of horror @ Walmart, so if you pick it up that way it might be worth it. "Soy Leyenda" I had not heard of...that could be interesting. Wonder if there's a subbed or dubbed version out there?
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
06-04-2012, 08:07 PM
wait.. did you say horror pack at walmart.

i *THINK* i have that. I'll have to look!
06-04-2012, 10:40 PM
(06-04-2012 08:07 PM)soundguy Wrote:  wait.. did you say horror pack at walmart.

i *THINK* i have that. I'll have to look!

Yeah, one of the zillion "Midnight Horror Collections" they've released. I've been collecting them as a connoisseur of B-movies. 8 movies for 5 bucks, not a bad deal. There is some repetition from set to set, but still worth it for the flicks that AREN'T repeated. Some good, some bad, some just plain awful, but mostly worth it. Zombie03
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
06-05-2012, 12:54 PM
just looked in my walmart horror collections and found I am omega... yep.. pretty bad Zombie03

also kept looking and found last man on earth/vincent price.

plan on watching that one tonight!

didn't have to go far.. thanks for mentioning the collections. worked out for me.. Watchmen02
06-06-2012, 08:00 AM
@ MoonSylver and Soundguy,

I am going to take advice from both of you and not watch I Am Omega. I watched another movie from the same production company (The Asylum) today - Zombie Apocalypse. Not good. I'll take a pass on Asylum productions.

06-06-2012, 12:38 PM
yep.. zombie apoc was bad.. about like omega.

i watched the vincent price one last night.. very much like omega man.. Watchmen02