Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
throwing items
09-08-2010, 04:34 PM
throwing items
While reading here last week I *seem* to remember perhaps a house rule where someone was 'throwing' an item to another player. IE.. trading an item without being in contact, similar to deplowing an item with betsy the dog.

for the life of me can't find it.. anyone know where this was?

thanks

soundguy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2010, 06:22 PM
RE: throwing items
There's an event card "Catch" that is playable for throwing items. I would recommend it stay that way. However, you could just say that everyone can always do what's on that card as an action of some sort.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2010, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2010 11:45 PM by zombie67.)
I created a card ages ago based on the bit in the Dawn of the Dead remake where they use the dog, Chips, to send over food to the guy at the Gun Shop:

[Image: Chipscard.jpg]
09-08-2010, 11:49 PM
(09-08-2010 11:43 PM)zombie67 Wrote:  I created a card ages ago based on the bit in the Dawn of the Dead remake where they use the dog, Chips, to send over food to the guy at the Gun Shop:

[Image: Chipscard.jpg]

somewhere on here I thought I saw a house rule that functioned something like a revolver. IE.. had a range of 2 or something like that, and you rolled. on a low roll the item was lost.. somehow intercepted and destroyed by a zombie.. on a higher roll.. it was traded.. Watchmen02 just can't find it now.. Watchmen02

soundguy
09-09-2010, 02:20 AM
soundguy, you're thinking of the real card "Catch".

http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....2Catch!%22
09-09-2010, 02:35 AM
(09-09-2010 02:20 AM)mqstout Wrote:  soundguy, you're thinking of the real card "Catch".

http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....2Catch!%22

is that card in one of the supplements.. like growing hunger or stock up.. etc? I've got em.. just havn't seent he card yet.. Watchmen02

soundguy
09-09-2010, 02:39 AM
Yeah, it's Growing Hunger.
09-09-2010, 02:43 AM
(09-09-2010 02:39 AM)mqstout Wrote:  Yeah, it's Growing Hunger.

I got it for sure then.. just ain't seen it in a game yet.

soundguy
10-25-2010, 10:40 PM
Discard chips after use!!! There could always be a Zombie deck card that forces a hero to run after the dog, as in the film...
10-26-2010, 02:55 PM
I was thinking of an 'airborne' strain card for the zombies.

single card , use once.. etc.

pick a zombie within range 2 of a hero, make an attack role. if successful ( if it would have caused a wound, instead), then treat that hero as if they had the 'bitten' card played on them!

soundguy