Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
tractor
05-12-2010, 10:49 PM
tractor
so is the tractor ever used for anything?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2010, 12:18 AM
RE: tractor
Not so far - unless there are some fan-made scenarios with it.
07-20-2010, 05:53 PM
I wondered about that too. I really can't think of what you would use the tractor for. It's too slow to escape in, and besides there's a truck for that. I guess you could make an escape in the truck scenario where you have to siphon gas from the tractor to use in the truck? Or maybe you have to hack down the cornfield for some stupid reason...I dunno. I kind of want to find a use for it, since they went through the trouble to make it and all.
07-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Perhaps a tractor with a swather on it could be a new weapon card. The character starts up the tractor and places their mini on the tractor. The character now moves either 2d6 in a straightline or can make a 180 degree turn. You then drive the tractor around and any zombies within 2 small hexes or one large hex either side of the tractor are killed on a 3+. For every zombie killed roll a separate D6, on a 1-3 the swather is jammed with zombie parts and the tractor is stopped and the card discarded. The card can be returned to returned to play if a character uses one movement action, and discards a crow bar and a gasoline card to repair and restart the tractor. In addition Zombies within 1 hex of the driver may make a single attack against him to knock him off the tractor, but the zombie is killed. On the roll of a 6, the drive is knocked off, takes one wound and the tractor card is discarded (to be returned using the above rules.)

Salcor
07-28-2010, 06:26 PM
I used the tractor in my "Homecoming" scenario. Heroes basically fend for themselves trying to find keys to various vehicles. Each vehicle can carry a different amount of Heroes, so once your Hero character escapes, you "win" and leave the other Heroes to find their own ride out.

Don't believe the tractor, or any vehicle other than the truck, is used in the base game.
07-28-2010, 06:34 PM
I want to make a scenario that you have to pull the meteor some where with the tractor.
07-29-2010, 02:20 PM
We've used the tractor as a random object in various games, but treat it like the reverse to buildings. Our heroes can move through (climb over) the tractor with no problem, but zombies are too dumb and have to go around it. We do the same with the truck, but treat that as the hero is hiding inside the vehicle and the zombie has to do a similar roll to the cornfield to attack a hero inside.

We've also talked about using vehicles to run over zombies, but haven't tried it yet.
07-29-2010, 03:31 PM
If you lack Growing Hunger, and pick up the Radioactive zombies, you use the tractor in place of the meteor to mark where the meteor was plowed up by the tractor. That's the only official use for it I've seen. But the folks at FF encourage fan-made scenarios; I think it was put in to see what fans come up with.
07-29-2010, 11:27 PM
I'd say you're right on the money, Gavin. I just wasn't able to come up with much myself. Thankfully some of the creative folks on this forum have thrown out some really neat ideas!
08-05-2010, 08:39 PM
my friends and I came up a senario that lets you use gas to drive the tractor 1 d6 spaces. Any zombie your run over dies on a roll of 5 or better.

Zombie soup!