Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
two things.
01-24-2011, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2011 09:56 PM by steve.esper.)
RE: two things.
alright, give me a few to think of this.

1.) i want Richard to Focus on pistol based weapons, its unrealistic for him to use two shotguns in each hand, so we have to re-think that rule. i would like it to say, " If carrying two pistol based weapons, may fire both of them buring a range attack." or something like that.

2.) rename Ranger rich, to Richard Esperson.

3.) give shannon the Lightweight perk. now shes cut off from shotguns and rifles, second of all. becky can heal at the end of the turn without using a move action, shannon has to use a move action to heal.

4.) ill think about the quotes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2011, 10:34 PM
(01-24-2011 09:17 PM)steve.esper Wrote:  alright, give me a few to think of this.

1.) i want Richard to Focus on pistol based weapons, its unrealistic for him to use two shotguns in each hand, so we have to re-think that rule. i would like it to say, " If carrying two pistol based weapons, may fire both of them buring a range attack." or something like that.

I don't have all of the expansions. Is there a pistol besides the revolver somewhere? It would be easier to just say "The Revolver." Remember, the signal flare is not a firearm, and only shoots one blast. There is a Clint Eastwood hero that has a this ability, called "Gunslinger," in the Gallery:

The Man with No Name Hero Card

[Image: normal_manwithnoname.jpg]
01-24-2011, 10:50 PM
ooo so true viking, the clint eastwood ability did help me with forming my ability, but the problem is its only to revolver. now your right, there is no other pistol, but the revolver, however i hope to make a pair of unique Ranged weapons, two pistols. automatic pistols, 1911 models. plus my buddy made a new weapon hero card "Mac 10" a machine pistol, and another buddy is making a saw-off shotgun. another pistol based weapon, so the big question is, "How to word the ability to work around all one handed range weapons."
01-25-2011, 12:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2011 12:14 AM by vikinglad.)
I see. Wording this for unknown, unofficial expansions to come does add another element to the challenge. Right now, all ranged weapons I know of are one-handed. How about using to phrase "two pistols?" You could call the new shotty a pistol-grip shotgun, to keep the wording consistent.

How will the new shotty differ from the original, given that the original is not considered to be a "two-handed weapon" in the game either?

Is it feasible that you are getting two shots off in a single range attack (split second) with a sawed-off shotty in each hand? That would be pretty epic. I guess I could imagine that. I will have to go out and try it!
01-25-2011, 12:54 AM
You have to post 10 times to get the downloads?
01-25-2011, 05:19 AM
There is a two handed ranged weapon. The hunting rifle.
01-25-2011, 05:23 PM
What about this as an option to replace the Ammo pickup?

Pistolwhip: One handed Guns gain the Combat Bonus: Add 1 to any Fight Dice (once per fight). If you lose a fight while using this Combat Bonus, discard the Gun.
01-25-2011, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2011 06:38 PM by vikinglad.)
(01-25-2011 05:23 PM)munkymuddface Wrote:  What about this as an option to replace the Ammo pickup?

Pistolwhip: One handed Guns gain the Combat Bonus: Add 1 to any Fight Dice (once per fight). If you lose a fight while using this Combat Bonus, discard the Gun.

I love this idea!
(01-25-2011 12:54 AM)Who is CA Jones? Wrote:  You have to post 10 times to get the downloads?

Yup. Actually, you have to read the card text carefully. I think it is 11, because it says "more than 10." From the "Welcome" message on this site's homepage:

Quote:We also have an area for you to download templates, custom scenarios and just about anything else. All you have to do is post more than 10 times. You'll become a contributing member at TheZombieGame.com and have access to a whole slew of downloads.
01-25-2011, 10:45 PM
the pump shotgun is a two handed weapon, one to pump and the other to pull the trigger, rifles and shotguns are norm or two handed.

good idea, but the pistol whip is not my thing, and the ammo is more my style.
01-25-2011, 11:52 PM
(01-25-2011 10:45 PM)steve.esper Wrote:  the pump shotgun is a two handed weapon, one to pump and the other to pull the trigger, rifles and shotguns are norm or two handed.

good idea, but the pistol whip is not my thing, and the ammo is more my style.

I meant in the game. Any gun can be 1 or 2 handed in real life, even a bazooka if you want to bad enough. In the game, certain weapons are called out as "two-handed." I do not think the shotgun is one of those weapons.