Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
usernames/avatar background stories - share yours
03-02-2014, 08:49 PM
RE: usernames/avatar background stories - share yours
I became a police officer in 1999 after being a computer programmer and a private detective. I always thought the "good cop / bad cop" routine was amusing and I am much more natural as the good cop (sympathetic, easygoing, etc.). I thought goodcop2000 sounded better than goodcop1999 so I use it as a username all over the place.

The avatar is me dressed up as Lt. Dangle from Reno 911 at a Halloween party a few years ago.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2014, 04:17 PM
I expect I'll be hanging around this forum a lot more since SoB is going to be a long term project so I figured I would hop on and answer some of these stickied posts.

Raynor is my legal name. It would be a pretty reliable username if Starcraft wasn't a thing.

My avatar is Leorio, from the Anime/Manga HunterXHunter. In the comic/show, the main two characters get their incredibly hard to get "Hunter" license at age 12 or 13 or something because they are insanely talented prodigies. Leorio is more like 18 and gets his Hunter's at the same time during the comic and he pops in and out of the story from that point onward. I always found Leorio the most relateable. He didn't pass this unconscionably difficult test because he was ungodly talented but because he had heart and courage. He was the everyman in the group of a bunch of super heroes but at the same time he wasn't the comic relief at the table either. He brought a certain maturity to the story that is definitely written for kids (the main characters are 13 after all). Anyway, I added his picture as my avatar way back when I first signed up and haven't felt it worthwhile to go about and upgrade. The pic might not be the best but even all this time later I still feel the character embodies enough of my ideals to represent me on the web.
01-08-2018, 05:17 PM
No its not a transformer reference...although I love me some Optimus. My father was a hard core geneologist. He traced my tree back to my 24 great grandfather. His name was Korsfarreren Ogmund. He was a "ridder" or viking knight for the King of Norway. Since I knew that there would be no John5623 scenario on the Internet I was able to establish that Ogmund is the prime number, og, numero uno.
12-14-2021, 05:31 AM
My avatar is my family's Irish coat of arms. The user name is short for Fenian B*****D. Zombie17
12-14-2021, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2021 10:43 AM by Raynor.)
Definitely a good story there. Good on ya for keeping up with the family heritage.