Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
usernames/avatar background stories - share yours
12-07-2008, 11:10 PM
RE: User Names/Avatars?
I've been Kosmium for a few years now... 4 or 5. I always struggled trying to find a name I could stick with that wasn't taken on all over the web. I do try to use Kosmium where ever I go.

The names come from my job as a chemist. I started using the element osmium, but found it was taken on some boards. Then I played around combined Kosmo and Osmium to get Kosmium. When you look up that up, you find it was a name proposed for a "new element" but the discovery didn't stick.

Avatar, still working on that one. Haven't figured out what to use.....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Welcome Kosmium,I find it very interesting that
"Osmium" is a hot name on some boards:P.Who
would have guessed.

Are you a Last Night on Earth Gamer or A Touch of Evil
Gamer?(or you just joined as you heard that our
glorious leader Sarku's Shoo Fly Pie Recpie was to be
found here?

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
12-08-2008, 02:19 AM
Old Dwarf Wrote:(or you just joined as you heard that our
found here?

OD

i looked up sarku and nothing about pie poped up , made me sad i wanted a piece of that.
12-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Well he really should post the Recpie up-maybe its an old family secret?
Come on Chief Give.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
12-08-2008, 03:02 PM
deadrabbit Wrote:
Old Dwarf Wrote:(or you just joined as you heard that our
found here?

OD

i looked up sarku and nothing about pie poped up , made me sad i wanted a piece of that.

Alright, most people on the board know how I got my name, it was Old Dwarf who named me. Check out the illustrious history of Sarku. I don't use this moniker on any other boards.

On other boards I use Optimus George or something close to that. Optimus (from the Prime himself) and my first name... nothing too crazy other than my love for Transformers. I attribute my Optimus George name as part of the reason I got my girlfriend as she's a huge Transformers fan.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2008, 12:27 AM
Old Dwarf Wrote:Welcome Kosmium,I find it very interesting that
"Osmium" is a hot name on some boards:P.Who
would have guessed.

OD

Old Dwarf,
You would be surprised how many crazy chemists are out there in the world. I can't say I see it used much, but when I go to register it seems taken.

I'm a LNOE player. Just to put things in context, I'm not a big gamer (no Magic, Warhammer, or D&D in my background). I was (and still am deep down) a big comic nerd and would see the gamers all the time in college, but never got into it. The group I hang out with is more of a board game group (Killer Bunnies, Gloom, Settlers of Catan, Taboo, etc).

I was thinking back, I can't remember where I saw LNOE, but I've always been a horror movie fan, especially the zombie flicks. I had seen Zombies!, but wasn't that impressed. When I saw LNOE, for some reason it just clicked and I had to have it. I got a couple people interested, spread the fun to a few more, and we've been playing since. Not as much as I would like, but enough (game night coming up on Friday).

I haven't had much interest in ATOE. Not that it can't be fun game, but zombies are more our thing. One of my friends did buy Arkaham Horror for us recently, and we attempted to play last night, but I just don't see it as much fun as LNOE. Now Martians, they have some interest, so a third game would be welcome. I just hope they keep supporting LNOE and adding scenarios, heros, etc that keep the game great.

On a side note, I want to that you and all the regulars that have so much information and fun into this site. Makes it worth while. I'll see about adding some photos from this weekend to show how we roll with LNOE.
04-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Username background story - share yours
Wasn't sure which board to place this in...
Inspired by StayPuft's question to deepfreeze in the "Introduce Yourself" section.
Not sure if there has been a similar thread.

Back in the day, while starting to play SOCOM on PS2...I was a super noob. I had no knowledge or familiarity with the maps. So I created another username not just to run around like a fool to learn the maps, but to run around like a MAXIMUM FOOL. Didn't care about dying or stats, and I didn't want to affect my real playing username.

And thus I shortened it and MAXFOOL was born.
It eventually became my primary username for all things gaming.

So if you come across me elsewhere, know that I may rip out your intestines.
Watchmen02

If it was the last night on earth...I would spend it playing the Last Night on Earth.
04-03-2013, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 06:28 PM by mqstout.)
RE: Username background story - share yours
My name's almost 20 years old. Its origin stories predate the Internet. On local Bulletin Boards, there were games called "door games". Two I played in particular in the era were called "Usurper" and "Legend of the Red Dragon". I would go by "The Marquis" in these games.

Fast forward to the internet. "marquis" as a name is taken/in high competition everywhere. I use its official abbreviation, "mqs". Too short. I lengthen it with the French word for "all" to mqstout ("Marquis de Tout", the lord of all. Hey, I was 13 and I rather enjoyed studying French!).

So, yeah. Call me "mqs" and not "stout" Watchmen02
04-03-2013, 06:32 PM
(04-03-2013 06:27 PM)mqstout Wrote:  My name's almost 20 years old. Its origin stories predate the Internet. On local Bulletin Boards, there were games called "door games". Two I played in particular in the era were called "Usurper" and "Legend of the Red Dragon". I would go by "The Marquis" in these games.

Fast forward to the internet. "marquis" as a name is taken/in high competition everywhere. I use its official abbreviation, "mqs". Too short. I lengthen it with the French word for "all" to mqstout ("Marquis de Tout", the lord of all. Hey, I was 13 and I rather enjoyed studying French!).

So, yeah. Call me "mqs" and not "stout" Watchmen02

Nice. I always read it as mqst and out. Like "i'm outta here."
Watchmen02

Thanks for the correction.

If it was the last night on earth...I would spend it playing the Last Night on Earth.
04-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Legend of the Red Dragon! I miss the days of the BBS.

My username started when my best friend back in high school signed up for an email address. He chose "moley143" as his original username, and I thought he meant the rodent, so I tried to copy him by choosing "labrat143". Turns out, what he meant by moley is that he has a lot of moles.

I went by LabRat because I felt that we were all lab rat's in God's (or another higher power's) big experiment that is life. I've been using this name and a few others on message boards ever since.