Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
vehicles
01-27-2014, 05:17 AM
vehicles
Here is what we incorporated for vehicles. we have played using them a few times now and it has been working quite well. any advice or suggestions is welcomed.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  vehicles.pdf (Size: 759.62 KB / Downloads: 73)
.pdf  VehicleNotes.pdf (Size: 30.93 KB / Downloads: 42)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2014, 02:43 PM
RE: vehicles
Files check out, and are well-crafted.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2014, 03:32 PM
Interesting...I feel like the current game is already enough to keep up with I don't know if I could personally keep up with even more mechanics. wooooo damn I love this game. Just got BitF but haven't gotten to play yet so I'm interested in toying with those mechanics.

Every moment has the potential for the enlightenment in which you seek.

~Bryan
勲刀士, Warrior of the Triumphant Blade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2014, 05:36 PM
Love the ideas! You mention that a vehicle can't be used if out of gas yet I'm not finding anything on how and when to check if it's out of gas. I remember us using the motorcycle during the large game at gencon. I honestly don't remember exactly what we had to do but I know there was some kind of die roll each time to check for gas. Ill toss this idea out to the group next time to see if they'd like to try it. Most in my group are new to LNoE so not sure how open they will be to trying it.
01-27-2014, 06:52 PM
(01-27-2014 05:36 PM)stubobj Wrote:  Love the ideas! You mention that a vehicle can't be used if out of gas yet I'm not finding anything on how and when to check if it's out of gas. I remember us using the motorcycle during the large game at gencon. I honestly don't remember exactly what we had to do but I know there was some kind of die roll each time to check for gas. Ill toss this idea out to the group next time to see if they'd like to try it. Most in my group are new to LNoE so not sure how open they will be to trying it.

when you roll your 2 fight dice and you lose against a zombie and roll a one, it is out of gas. ie: you move to a space with a zombie in it, you roll 2 fight dice and the zombie rolls 1 fight dice. the zombie rolls a 5 and you roll a 2 and a 1, the vehicle is now out of gas and wounded. the gasoline card could now be played to negate.
01-27-2014, 08:22 PM
This all sounds like a lot of fun I have some plans to incorporate this in to a game.Watchmen02 I like how they have hit points and to a flavor.

Survival is only the beginning.
09-29-2015, 11:15 AM
I like the vehicle rules!
I made some of my own a couple of years ago, where the vehicles are not so much players of their own, with their own characteristics, but rather new ways of moving and fighting. Also, the vehicles there were much more risky to use, having a 1/6 chance to run out of gas after every move, and exploding (of course!) in 0-2 turns after running into a building or another vehicle.
I include my rules here, have a look if you like!

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Vehicle rules.pdf (Size: 35.85 KB / Downloads: 9)
09-29-2015, 08:27 PM
(09-29-2015 11:15 AM)Leongut Wrote:  I like the vehicle rules!
I made some of my own a couple of years ago, where the vehicles are not so much players of their own, with their own characteristics, but rather new ways of moving and fighting. Also, the vehicles there were much more risky to use, having a 1/6 chance to run out of gas after every move, and exploding (of course!) in 0-2 turns after running into a building or another vehicle.
I include my rules here, have a look if you like!

I took a look at your vehicle rules. How did they work out with play testing? I always think if a house rule flows seamlessly into the game then it's cool but if it kind of staggers the game play I tend to not use them. We've had that with certain custom characters.

Thanks for posting

+1 Rep
09-30-2015, 02:27 PM
(01-27-2014 05:17 AM)zombiezilk Wrote:  Here is what we incorporated for vehicles. we have played using them a few times now and it has been working quite well. any advice or suggestions is welcomed.

Well crafted! I really like this!

+1 rep