Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
walking dead board game
10-31-2011, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2011 04:57 PM by soundguy.)
walking dead board game
just got TWD game from zman games this weekend, and played it.

did a 4 player game.

we used the fast start rules and played it. had hoped it was more PVE vs PVP, but using the regular rules, it has a fair amount of PVE in it since your encounter cards sometimes effect other players.

There are rules to play more cooperatively, as well as solitary rules.

we are going to play it again using the coop rules, and I may try a solitare game this evening.

Overall.. much better than some of the other 'small' zed games I've picked up int he last few months.. like zombie town and zombie survival, and better IMHO than zombies!! not as good as LNOE.

neat that each player character has special abilities, and other survivors have specials, and some that work with other specials.

i got lucky.. played andrea and right off the bat, the survivor I started with was amy.. so I got an extra wound capacity.... etc.

there are a few catches inthe rules that hopefully there is a faq on.. but otherwise pretty smooth play.

one catch is dale seemingly gets no special when he uses a gas token, vs anyone else using a gas token.. we fixed this by letting dale's character move 2 spaces using gas, even if it was a non clear space, vs anyone else using gas that could move 2 if it was an open space... etc.

will see if there is a faq on it.

soundguy
PS.. has anyone bought the other game? the one more from the tv show?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2011, 11:14 AM
RE: walking dead board game
Nice... Is it worth it? What is the feel compared to LNoE?

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
11-02-2011, 12:22 PM
it is a simpler game than LNOE, however more complex than the last 2 i picked up.. ( zombie survival and zombie town ).. on those.. you pretty much either colelcted resorurces and then waited for the inevitable, or PVE'D (pvp ) your opponent to death.

This one still has a fair amount of cards that can be used as PVP, if all involved WANT them to be PVP, in fact, many cards.. if everyone cooperates, everyone succeeds.

we had to guess at a few rules until I downloaded the faq, and that cleared it up a bit.

zed handling is easy. they don't 'move' they merely pop up anywhere YOU have moved from.. thus as the game progresses, it gets more and more populated with zeds... each palyer has an objective.. however playing coop, you can have a single group objective fulfillment and win as a group.

I like the game. Ordered the TV series board game, can't wait to get it.. looks like it will be possible to play coop on it as well, with a twist.. apparrently if a char dies, they come back as a zed.. Watchmen02
12-30-2011, 12:41 AM
i lov the tv show walking dead
12-30-2011, 01:56 AM
Nice to hear (well read) something positive about this game...BGG is full of negative comments & the TV show one gets even more flack.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
12-30-2011, 09:56 PM
playing again on sunday the `1st