Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Walking Dead Season 2 Box Set.
09-10-2012, 09:25 AM
RE: Walking Dead Season 2 Box Set.
that is possibly the best special edition ive seen how cool is that your very own zombie head on your shelf its even better than the hellraiser box set cube that came out and that was cool. what a fantastic idea i was just trying to think what else you could use it for if you got fed up using it as the box set holder that is.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2012, 09:34 AM
(09-10-2012 09:25 AM)zombielover77 Wrote:  that is possibly the best special edition ive seen how cool is that your very own zombie head on your shelf its even better than the hellraiser box set cube that came out and that was cool. what a fantastic idea i was just trying to think what else you could use it for if you got fed up using it as the box set holder that is.

Ya. The only thing remarkably cooler would be to have ove's own head sculpted that way. Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2012, 07:20 PM
(09-10-2012 09:34 AM)scarydk Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 09:25 AM)zombielover77 Wrote:  that is possibly the best special edition ive seen how cool is that your very own zombie head on your shelf its even better than the hellraiser box set cube that came out and that was cool. what a fantastic idea i was just trying to think what else you could use it for if you got fed up using it as the box set holder that is.

Ya. The only thing remarkably cooler would be to have ove's own head sculpted that way. Watchmen02

Now that would be AWESOME! I would love to have a sculpture of my own head as a decapitated zombie! LOL!
09-12-2012, 01:55 AM
I picked it up release day and oh man it was everything I wanted...the only thing that isn't great is now I must keep my season 1 and 2 separate...wish the space inside would be big enough to put season 1 too...oh well it's still boss and yes it will stay up in my game room all year round! Love The Walking Dead, it's part of the reason this game has so much appeal. Can't wait for season 3, 33 more days till the premiere!

Every moment has the potential for the enlightenment in which you seek.

~Bryan
勲刀士, Warrior of the Triumphant Blade
09-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Am I the only one who has a "what the bleep is going on with the story"
Or are you guys not reading the original comics serie?

Or is this some kind of trick to keep people who have been reading the books for years "interested"

What goes on with Sophia is not what happend in the comics. And I am not even beginning to talk about Dale. I think it bothers me and on the other hand it keeps the tv show interesting for the ones that read the book. Only...why haven't they just created a story for the tv show seperate from the characters in the comics. Would have been more interesting "in my book" (pun intented)

I am the reason God stopped watching.
09-12-2012, 11:23 PM
I've read the comics and the books in fact the Season 2 blu-ray special features have a good featurette called "The Ink is Alive" that addresses the discrepancies between the comics and the tv show. It's really good and I think the fact that Kirkman is an active participant in both makes the whole thing awesome. Some of it he's just like "why didn't I think of that" and then other things he's very involved in and makes sure happens like Carl getting Rick's hat. You should watch it if you can get a hold of the series.

Every moment has the potential for the enlightenment in which you seek.

~Bryan
勲刀士, Warrior of the Triumphant Blade
09-13-2012, 02:58 AM
My friend at work showed me that awesome zombie head for season 2. I showed the wife and she said NO WAY are we having that in the house. (We have 2 small children). I should be getting the regular dvds tomorrow.

I have read all the comics up to issue #101, and I am glad that they are doing different things for the show. Darryl and Merle are not in the comics, and they are great characters.

As for season 3.....AMCTV has a 4 minute preview to watch.
09-13-2012, 08:25 AM
(09-12-2012 11:23 PM)SSTrunks85 Wrote:  I've read the comics and the books in fact the Season 2 blu-ray special features have a good featurette called "The Ink is Alive" that addresses the discrepancies between the comics and the tv show. It's really good and I think the fact that Kirkman is an active participant in both makes the whole thing awesome. Some of it he's just like "why didn't I think of that" and then other things he's very involved in and makes sure happens like Carl getting Rick's hat. You should watch it if you can get a hold of the series.

Ah cool. I haven't had the chance to check out the extra's disc yet.
I will watch it as soon as possible and maybe it will give me some explanation why it changes so much.

Spoiler!!! Do not read if you have not seen season 2 yet.

In the comics Carl kills Shane. Not zombie Shane but the real Shane. I thought this was a much harder reality then what happend now. Andrea and Dale have/had a relationship... In the tv series he doesn't even gets close to her untill he dies.
Sophia plays allot with Carl and in the comics it keeps him from growing up I think. He remains that little boy but with that darker side to him. In the tv serie they just point out him getting "cold".
Those are some big differences don't you think?

But I will watch the documentary and maybe that will give me some "piece of mind" Watchmen02

09-17-2012, 05:06 AM
Kirkman wanted to make sure there were differences so that the readers are kept on their toes when watching the TV version. He is also taking ideas from the show writers and agreeing with a lot of their stuff.

The actors have no idea if and when they will be "killed" off.
09-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Just watched that extra's dics. Cool stuff on it.
Kirkman kinda gives an explanation for the things stated by me above...but I can't shake the feeling that it is still alot of talk. Watchmen02
Oh well... Season 2 was better than season 1 so I guess it could be worse.
I still prefer the suspense of the comics though.