Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: which expansion pack should i buy first
growing hunger
survival of the fittest
timber peak
hero pack 1
blood in the forrest
zombies with grave weapons
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
which expansion would you recommend i buy first
06-21-2017, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2017 12:55 PM by mqstout.)
RE: which expansion would you recommend i buy first
Survival of the Fittest is the weakest of the [actual] expansions. Growing Hunger is the strongest -- it has a lot of the best scenarios.

Get Hero Pack 1 right now, before it sells out again (recently reprinted) and you'll have to wait years for a copy.

My ranking:

Base Game, Growing Hunger, HP1, Timber Peak, Blood in the Forest, Survival of the Fittest. There are also a bunch of mini expansions available directly from the Frog on their website, individual scenarios and alternate miniatures. I did not include those in my ranking, though some are quite good.

Why is Survival... so low? It has a lot of quirky rules that interconnect, that add complexity to the game for, in my mind, not much benefit. Barricade rules, and special hard-to-get cards. The basic Hero cards that come with it tend to rely on those cards, too, so, if you use them, you'll need Survival in the game (example: "Draw a Survival Item." event card.)

This is also why I'm not too fond of Timber Peak. I don't like the experience rules very much. It doesn't add much, but at least it isn't a huge pain to use.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2017, 05:44 AM
So what's the deal with hero pack one? It looks to me like it's just heroes mostly. Is it worth getting? With shipping that's like $36 where GH is like $40. For the value it looks like GH is the one to go with. Will I kick myself down the road when hero pack one is no longer in print?
Find all posts by this user
06-23-2017, 01:56 PM
HP1 will likely hit distribution and be available in places other than ordering directly from the Frog. Hopefully.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-23-2017, 02:45 PM
Hero pack 1 is usually always sold out,it is very tricky to get.So not getting it is risky but for your best dollar I'd go with growing hunger.
Find all posts by this user